FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » error in compacting messages
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: error in compacting messages [message #32751 is a reply to message #32749] Tue, 18 July 2006 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BobB is currently offline  BobB   United States
The message compactor problem is much more than a "bug", it's a catastophe. I have lost OVER TEN YEARS worth of material and a crucial part of my business.

Was there ever a warning issued about this? Searching this forum after the fact reveals that several others have fallen victim to this. Was no one warned? I had no reason to search this forum before running the message compactor because I had no reason to suspect it would result in a total disaster.

Looking through my own records, I see I ran the message compactor after the intitial install of the FUD software and the transfer of messages from the previous forum with no such problem. I did do an upgrade after that. At what point did this disasterous version of the message compactor appear? Was it not tested before that version was released?

My situation is compounded because of backup problems, so I have a real mess on my hands that is going to take a lot of time and effort to resolve. My forum will probably never be the same again. The backup problems are on my end, but wouldn't exist if the message compactor hadn't wreaked the havoc it did.

I'm sorry, but this really, really sucks!

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: errors using pdo sqlite
Next Topic: Can someone please tell me what is going on?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 00:46:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04191 seconds