FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » How do i create a DataBase?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How do i create a DataBase? [message #6291] Mon, 07 October 2002 20:23 Go to next message
Jicin is currently offline  Jicin   Netherlands
For you the awnser to this question is probably easy, but i dont have a clue. At step 2 of installing is asks me to fill in the 'name of the database where forum data will be stored'. Oke, so now i need to create a database. How do i do that? I've never worked with PhP before. A step by step guide would be much appreciated Smile

Greetings,
Jicin
Re: How do i create a DataBase? [message #6292 is a reply to message #6291] Mon, 07 October 2002 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
creation of a database is actually done inside the database system you are using. In MySQL you do this by running: CREATE DATABASE database_name;

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How do i create a DataBase? [message #6293 is a reply to message #6291] Mon, 07 October 2002 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eh, what??? *lol* Sorry, could you please be more specific. I have my forum hosted by a friend of mine. Unfortunately he doesn't have the time to help me with it. I can only reach it with FTP.
Re: How do i create a DataBase? [message #6294 is a reply to message #6293] Mon, 07 October 2002 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Better ask you friend Smile, most likely you do not have the necessary permissions to create the database yourself.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How do i create a DataBase? [message #6295 is a reply to message #6291] Mon, 07 October 2002 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He has no time. Well, he will tell me he will, and then leave it at that :/ How should i do such a thing when i buy some serverspace somewere? I wouldn't get more permission then i have at my friends server. Looks like it's quite difficult to overcome, unless you own a server yourself
Re: How do i create a DataBase? [message #6298 is a reply to message #6295] Mon, 07 October 2002 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, you need access to MySQL database, most hosting providers will offer this service.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How do i create a DataBase? [message #6300 is a reply to message #6291] Mon, 07 October 2002 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah. Well, how could i check if i have this permission now?
Re: How do i create a DataBase? [message #6304 is a reply to message #6300] Mon, 07 October 2002 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you do not have direct access to MySQL deamon it is pretty difficult to do. Essentially you need to connect to MySQL and then run the query I've described above. If it works, then you're all set, otherwise wait for your friend to do it Smile

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How do i create a DataBase? [message #6306 is a reply to message #6291] Mon, 07 October 2002 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, that's not going to happen. All i get is excuses and promisis, but i can wait till i weight an ounce. Not that i am not gracefull he hosts it, but it has no use if i can never actually do something with it.

Oke, well, are there any good forums out here like this one that i might install all by myself. Thanks for your help so far prottoss Smile

Greetings,
Jicin
Re: How do i create a DataBase? [message #6308 is a reply to message #6306] Mon, 07 October 2002 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
All the forums I know will require you to have access to a database system of somekind.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How do i create a DataBase? [message #6309 is a reply to message #6291] Mon, 07 October 2002 21:40 Go to previous message
Awk. Well, seems like i am either to lose weight on the hips or in the wallet. Bummer.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: can't run install.php, Internal Server Error
Next Topic: nntp.php & register_argc_argv off
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 19:21:09 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01994 seconds