FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Fatal Error when Upgrading from 2.3.7 to 2.3.8RC3
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon8.gif  Fatal Error when Upgrading from 2.3.7 to 2.3.8RC3 [message #8903] Fri, 28 February 2003 01:29 Go to next message
humaneasy is currently offline  humaneasy   Portugal

Hi,

I've downloaded today the Upgrade package and uploaded the upgrade.php as binary to my server.

I executed the program at http://www.mydomain.com/forum/upgrade.php (mydomain.com is not my real domain Wink ) where the 2.3.7 version is installed (I previously UNLOCKed the files).

I am receiving the following error:
Quote:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=3) state=1 in /home/server/htdocs/user/forum/upgrade.php on line 41859

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /home/server/htdocs/user/forum/upgrade.php on line 41859

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /home/server/htdocs/user/forum/upgrade.php on line 41859

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /home/server/htdocs/user/forum/upgrade.php on line 41859

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '?' in /home/server/htdocs/user/forum/upgrade.php on line 41859

For security reasons path where changed Very Happy

How can I solve this. Urgent. Forum is OFF-LINE waiting for this upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Cool Lopo

HumanEasy - Future Internet Technologies

[Updated on: Fri, 28 February 2003 01:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fatal Error when Upgrading from 2.3.7 to 2.3.8RC3 [message #8905 is a reply to message #8903] Fri, 28 February 2003 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You've probably uploaded the upgrade script in ASCII form rather then binary, this resulted in borken upgrade script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Solved! [message #8907 is a reply to message #8905] Fri, 28 February 2003 03:22 Go to previous message
humaneasy is currently offline  humaneasy   Portugal

Hi,

Solved Laughing

Altough I had uploaded the file in binary mode at the second time I really had uploaded it in ascii the first time.

Solution: Remove it from server and re-upload it with a fresh one in binary format Smile

No only need to tweak admnadduser.php to make it work again with my hack that allows adding users from CSV files (see it in Hacks) Very Happy

Thanks,

Cool Lopo

HumanEasy - Future Internet Technologies
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Unable to install under w2k
Next Topic: FUD forum causing spawning?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 10:59:51 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02306 seconds