FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » sql error when first trying to connect
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
sql error when first trying to connect [message #11417] Fri, 27 June 2003 18:41 Go to next message
mullzk is currently offline  mullzk   Switzerland
hi there

during installation process, everything is ok. but when i first try to connect, i get a sql error:

Fatal error : SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/mensajasser.mullzk.ch/forum/index.php on line 52
(output of safari)

interesting: the error output on msie 5.0 for mac is different:

(index.php) 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax ....
the complete message is to be found under
http://mensajasser.mullzk.ch/forum. same output in FUD Forum Error Log Browser

beeing a complete newbie, i don't know how to troubleshoot FUDforum2, but I couldn't find anything suspicious in index.php, admglobal.php or global.php.

my config:
php 4.3.1
mysql 4.1.0-alpha (could this be the problem?)
Installation-Source FUDforum2_20030626.tar.gz

thx for any hint
and please don't beat me up if this is out of bad configuration
thanx
Re: sql error when first trying to connect [message #11428 is a reply to message #11417] Sat, 28 June 2003 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
See what the actual error is, given that you are using a beta MySQL anything could happen. What interface are you using to connect to it anyway, mysqli ?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: sql error when first trying to connect [message #11433 is a reply to message #11417] Sat, 28 June 2003 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no just ext/mysql. would FUDforum work with ext/mysqli?

does anyone use FUDfourm with mysql4.1.0-alpha (which i positivly need as i use derived table)?

greetings from switzerland
mullzk

Re: sql error when first trying to connect [message #11441 is a reply to message #11433] Sun, 29 June 2003 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I am quite surprised that mysql 4.1.0 works with ext/mysql, according to the docs I read the function api is not compatible. Since 4.1.0 is alpha quality software assume that FUDforum will not work with it, use either MySQL 3.23.X (recommended) or the supposedly stable 4.0.X

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: sql error when first trying to connect [message #11454 is a reply to message #11433] Sun, 29 June 2003 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll look if i can find another server running a stable mysql...

thx for your answers
mullzk
Re: sql error when first trying to connect [message #11537 is a reply to message #11454] Sat, 05 July 2003 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, i found the error, it is not a bug in the alpha-version, but a conflict with the function called mod in 'select ... mo.id AS mod, ...' in several queries on the themes-files. i changed the alias to modx (and of course also all the variables in the php-code i could find, and now its working.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 July 2003 14:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: sql error when first trying to connect [message #11603 is a reply to message #11537] Wed, 09 July 2003 13:51 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How stable is version 2.5.0?
Next Topic: 2.3.9RC1 -> 2.5.0 = not a smooth ride
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 05:20:09 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02525 seconds