FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Group Leaders Bugs
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Group Leaders Bugs [message #11945] Wed, 23 July 2003 12:41 Go to next message
ctbk is currently offline  ctbk   Italy
First bug:
I created a group where its members don't have any permission at all (banned).
When I try to make someone of my trusted users leader of this group (so he can ban users who deserve it) he loses all his privileges. If I reconfirm his permissions in the group of superusers he belongs to, the problem is solved.
Question: is this the correct behaviour? Group leaders have got to have the same permissions of the group they lead?
Anyway, after I've reconfirmed superuser's permission, he can't still see the entries in the "Show what people are doing" page, as if he didn't have the permissions to see the forum.

Second Bug:
After I added some user in the banned group, and then returned to the group leaders management screen, I can see all the members listed together with the leaders, as if all of them were leaders.

Third Bug:
While adding a leader, if the nick's mask of the leader isn't unique, a list of nick matching the mask entered is shown.
If I click the nick of the member I want to make leader, nothing happens: the same page (list of matching nicks) is loaded again. Result: I can make leaders just ppl with a unique nick. If I have 2 members, Guile and GuileForce in the db, and I want to make Guile a group leader, I can't.

~
~
:wq

[Updated on: Wed, 23 July 2003 12:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Group Leaders Bugs [message #11948 is a reply to message #11945] Wed, 23 July 2003 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Group leaders have the maximum permissions in the group. Basically all the settings that they can change they'll have enabled. So, if a group leader has the ability to grant/revoke posting permission, that group leader will have the ability to post and so on.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Group Leaders Bugs [message #11949 is a reply to message #11948] Wed, 23 July 2003 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, that makes sense.
So in my situation I should turn to "yes" all the "banned" group permission, and set them to "no" to every single banned user.
Am I right?

I added a third bug Smile

~
~
Re: Group Leaders Bugs [message #11950 is a reply to message #11949] Wed, 23 July 2003 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
To create a secure group create it with anon & all regged users. Then remove all permissions from those two users and add a leader to that group making sure that leader can control all of the group permissions.

I'll take a look @ the other two bugs.

P.S. For the future please post additional bugs as replies, otherwise I will miss them since I only look at replies not the original message.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Group Leaders Bugs [message #11951 is a reply to message #11950] Wed, 23 July 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To solve the third bug, I think it's enough to change line 79 of file admgrouplead.php from:
$c = uq('SELECT u.id, u.alias FROM '.$tbl.'group_members gm INNER JOIN '.$tbl.'users u ON u.id=gm.user_id WHERE gm.group_id='.$group_id);

to

$c = uq('SELECT u.id, u.alias FROM '.$tbl.'group_members gm INNER JOIN '.$tbl.'users u ON u.id=gm.user_id WHERE gm.group_id='.$group_id WHERE gm.group_leader = 'Y');

I suspect the second one it's more tricky to solve Smile
Quote:

P.S. For the future please post additional bugs as replies, otherwise I will miss them since I only look at replies not the original message.

Yep, no problem with that. I thought you weren't online, so I thought you would read the topic much later Smile

~
~

[Updated on: Wed, 23 July 2003 13:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Group Leaders Bugs [message #11963 is a reply to message #11951] Thu, 24 July 2003 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Bug #2 is fixed, bug #3 I cannot replicate.

When I click on the name of the user, that user gets added to the group.
When you click on the user name, what are the parameters that are passed to the script?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Group Leaders Bugs [message #11976 is a reply to message #11945] Thu, 24 July 2003 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.xxxx.it/forum/adm/admgrouplead.php?gr_leader=ctbk&group_id=1 59&rid=16185&S=7a3a0ef0b8c22a69a549ad45698df27e

If I try to add "ctbk" and there is another user called ctbktherealone, ctbk isn't made leader: the page with the list of all nicks matching ctbk's mask is loaded again.

Tested with Konqueror, Mozilla, IE, Opera.

~
~
Re: Group Leaders Bugs [message #11996 is a reply to message #11976] Thu, 24 July 2003 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Found and solved the bug, you can try the patch that fixes the problem at:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=1705

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Group Leaders Bugs [message #12003 is a reply to message #11996] Thu, 24 July 2003 19:23 Go to previous message
Installed the new version of the file and now it's perfect, thanx! Smile

~
~
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Minor: announcements placement
Next Topic: Error in Login Filters
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 02:33:09 GMT 2024