FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Can not change any Text Messages in Template Editor
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Can not change any Text Messages in Template Editor [message #12236] Thu, 31 July 2003 18:57 Go to next message
gladiator is currently offline  gladiator   China

2.3.9 is ok.
but since 2.5.0, I can't change any text messages in template editor, it did not show any error after I click the button "edit", but the text just won't change.

system:
Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) PHP/4.3.2
linux box.

use mozilla-firebird 0.6.1 as browser.

the reason maybe is what I posted here in the posts:
http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2407&start=0&ri d=239
Re: Can not change any Text Messages in Template Editor [message #12237 is a reply to message #12236] Thu, 31 July 2003 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
There was a correction dealing with template editing in the 2.5.1 release. It specifically addressed the problem of editing text messages that have a common key name, which I believe was the cause of the problem you are seeing.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can not change any Text Messages in Template Editor [message #12238 is a reply to message #12236] Thu, 31 July 2003 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and a little bug in "System Info" page:
the "Open basedir:" information is not correct.

line 77 of file admsysinfo.php should be
Quote:

<td><?php echo (($ob = ini_get('open_basedir')) ? $ob : 'none'); ?></td>

not
Quote:

<td><?php echo (($ob = ini_get('open_basedir')) ? $df : 'none'); ?></td>

[Updated on: Fri, 01 August 2003 15:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can not change any Text Messages in Template Editor [message #12239 is a reply to message #12237] Thu, 31 July 2003 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Fri, 01 August 2003 03:00

There was a correction dealing with template editing in the 2.5.1 release. It specifically addressed the problem of editing text messages that have a common key name, which I believe was the cause of the problem you are seeing.

But I've just installed 2.5.2, and the problem is still there.... Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
Re: Can not change any Text Messages in Template Editor [message #12240 is a reply to message #12239] Thu, 31 July 2003 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Hmm... That's interesting. Could you tell me which message(s) are you trying to edit? And are they part of the default or custom theme and what language (localization) are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can not change any Text Messages in Template Editor [message #12241 is a reply to message #12240] Thu, 31 July 2003 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried a series messages in different tmpl files and all result the same problem.
I'm using chinese localization.

I tried select "english" in "Template Set Selection" to edit the english template, and also encounted the same problem.

please check the file msglist.php, line 95.
if (($s = strpos($data, $v . ':')) === FALSE)

I echoed the $v to the browser, there is a white space prefixed each of it, but in $data, there is no such prefixed white space, so this "if" will always return true, I think that's why I can not edit the text messages in template editor.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 August 2003 06:52]

Re: Can not change any Text Messages in Template Editor [message #12242 is a reply to message #12241] Thu, 31 July 2003 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 01 August 2003 06:52]

Re: Can not change any Text Messages in Template Editor [message #12277 is a reply to message #12242] Fri, 01 August 2003 17:37 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
I found and fixed the real cause of the bug. You can fix it by replacing your tmpllist.php with the one at this url;
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/getfile?v=1.21&f=install/ww w_root/adm/tmpllist.php

I've also corrected the open_basedir display bug on system info page.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Another strange lock problem?
Next Topic: All posts and PM's are not working...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 01:05:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02732 seconds