FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Size limits on body of message?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Size limits on body of message? [message #21201] Fri, 19 November 2004 18:04 Go to next message
piner is currently offline  piner   United States
I am currently running FUDForum 2.6.6 and am having a problem with messages emailed to the forum not being brought into the forum if the are over some limit (I have had trouble bringing in email messages with a 2MB size in the body). I am not referring to the 2MB limit on attachments, rather email messages in which the body of the email is 2MB. Is their some limit as to how large the body of an email can be and be brought into the forum. For smaller email messages everything works fine.

Below is the command I use to bring email messages into the forum:

/bin/cat /var/mail/nightly-ada|/usr/local/bin/formail -s /opt/xampp/FUDforum/scripts/maillist.php 8

Note that nightly-ada is the name of the forum.

Thanks!

Dan
Re: Size limits on body of message? [message #21202 is a reply to message #21201] Fri, 19 November 2004 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
There is no limit on the size of the message body, the one possible reason for failure is that you have memory_limit in PHP enabled (default value 8 megs) and it's exceeded during the import process.

If you have that 2 meg message, send it to me as a text file and I can test it on the dev forum of mine.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2004 19:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Size limits on body of message? [message #21503 is a reply to message #21202] Wed, 01 December 2004 21:10 Go to previous message
piner is currently offline  piner   United States
Thanks Ilia!

I increased the memory parameter in the php.ini file and that fixed my problem.

piner
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Upgrade to 2.6.8 killed templates
Next Topic: Formatting problems
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 00:03:25 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02880 seconds