FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Can't restore Dump correctly
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Can't restore Dump correctly [message #21325] Thu, 25 November 2004 10:52 Go to next message
Kabir is currently offline  Kabir   Germany
Hi
I use version 2.6.6.
I have a problem to restore the from through a dump. What I make
is to install a new forum and try to restore dump. It seems to me that the database is not restored correctly. What I can say is that the users table is empty.
I get no error Message at all.
Does I make a mistake in restoring ? does I only certain steps ?
How can I figure out this problem ?

Thx Kabir
Re: Can't restore Dump correctly [message #21329 is a reply to message #21325] Thu, 25 November 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Was the datadump generated by the same version of the forum as the forum you are trying to import it to? Were there any error messages during the datadump import?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can't restore Dump correctly [message #21338 is a reply to message #21325] Thu, 25 November 2004 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, both was 2.6.6. I used the same install.php from the initiall installation.
No, there was no error messages at all.

Meanwhile i solved the problem manualy. I extracted the sql script in the dump and executed it manually.

I need to configre some minor issues, like rebbuild themes and check the database. After that everything runs fine as far as I see.

Currently i setup a mysqldump job that a tar job to save the forum.

Maybe on the weekend if have time to investigate how i can restore the dump (on a other machine).
Re: Can't restore Dump correctly [message #21339 is a reply to message #21338] Thu, 25 November 2004 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Very unusual problem, if you can send me the datadump that was generated and I'll try to import on my development server and try to figure out what was the cause of the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can't restore Dump correctly [message #21340 is a reply to message #21325] Thu, 25 November 2004 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ich can't send it via mail, beucause it is 31 MB. But
I can upload it somewhere it take some time becuase my upstream is only 196 Kb. Bit i have a time, so for me np Smile
Re: Can't restore Dump correctly [message #21341 is a reply to message #21340] Thu, 25 November 2004 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Could you put it online somewhere and PM the URL to it. That would be ideal.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can't restore Dump correctly [message #21342 is a reply to message #21325] Thu, 25 November 2004 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, i think that, just a moment
Re: Can't restore Dump correctly [message #21343 is a reply to message #21325] Thu, 25 November 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I checked the data dump and it contains all of the correct information. The reason you didn't get all the data is because I suspect the PHP script doing the import timed out before completing the import process.
The users table is fairly "far in" the dump so A LOT of processing would come first.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can't restore Dump correctly [message #21355 is a reply to message #21325] Fri, 26 November 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A timeout looks very likely to me too. Can this be related to a browser timeout ? or can i adjust this somewhere in FUDforum itself ?
Re: Can't restore Dump correctly [message #21356 is a reply to message #21355] Fri, 26 November 2004 13:48 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The forum ignores the browser timeout already and the script has a timeout value of 100 minutes.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Ignore this...
Next Topic: Use of 'quoting' in messages piped to mailing list
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 22:48:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02364 seconds