FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » My new problem(error)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
My new problem(error) [message #26354] Sat, 16 July 2005 21:45 Go to next message
chickenout is currently offline  chickenout   United States
I recently got his error while trying to access my forum. Other members saw this as well.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /var/www/html/chickennewforum/index.php on line 61

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/html/chickennewforum/index.php on line 61

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/html/chickennewforum/index.php on line 61

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /var/www/html/chickennewforum/index.php on line 49

I get a too many connections error while trying to get into the administration tool for the database as well. How can I remedy this?

Is there a file I can change? I cannot seem to find the "DBHOST_PERSIST=" to possibly change it to 'N'. Where is that located?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: My new problem(error) [message #26363 is a reply to message #26354] Mon, 18 July 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can disable persistent connections in the global control panel, just search for the word "persistent". It is however possible that the issue is that simply too many connections were open to the database and the database connection limit was exceeded. This is a not a bug or a forum problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: My new problem(error) [message #26366 is a reply to message #26354] Mon, 18 July 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I couldn't even get into the global control panel.

I emailed my host and asked if they could fix it on there end. It is currently working, don't know if if it is due to them or not.

Is this something that would fix itself given enough time?

Re: My new problem(error) [message #26367 is a reply to message #26366] Mon, 18 July 2005 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Yeah, this is something that happens for a very short period of time while the server is under a high load. if you are sharing a server, this may be due to some other user(s) taking up all available database connections. The connection limit is per-server, not per-account, so on shared boxes it is frequently exceeded.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: My new problem(error) [message #26369 is a reply to message #26354] Mon, 18 July 2005 20:31 Go to previous message
Cool, that must have been what happened. First time I've seen it though. Oh well. All is fine for now.

Thanks for your time.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: MySQL Error: #1075 during upgrade to 2.6.15
Next Topic: Timezone incorrect
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 17:52:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03123 seconds