FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » total email integration
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
total email integration [message #10290] Tue, 27 May 2003 16:57 Go to next message
stevie is currently offline  stevie   United States
I'm curious if anyone has used fudforum to basically replace an operating and healthy mailing list?

My fantasy is to take a thriving mailing list, convert it to something like fudforum, in such a way so that people that prefer a standard mailing list environment would barely notice the change, but people who prefer more of a bbs/forum interface could use that instead.

For someone that prefers mailing lists, it would appear that it is a mailing list. For someone that prefers a web forum, it would appear that it is a web forum. Neither side needs to care that a lot of messages are being read or sent using the other method. Smile

Does anyone have a busy fudforum like this? I'd be curious to know how it's been working, and what some pitfalls might be.

Thanks, -Steve

Re: total email integration [message #10292 is a reply to message #10290] Tue, 27 May 2003 17:05 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
On my test machine I have FUDforum mirroring close 10 popular mailing list and 3 new groups. The forum deals with 1000-1500 daily messages. That said, FUDforum is mostly acting as an archive, of the mailing list messages since most mailing list users still prefer to get the messages via e-mail and reply in the same manner.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: French translation
Next Topic: Why email integration? Why not?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 04 23:25:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02132 seconds