FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Integrated Listserv/Mailing List (ie, not bridging)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon14.gif  Integrated Listserv/Mailing List (ie, not bridging) [message #12045] Sat, 26 July 2003 18:18 Go to next message
Anonymous   United States
The bridging mechanism to/from lists & NNTP is a great one and should not go away. However, there is a growing number of folks like myself that would like an integrated solution. In order to provide the dual interface, one currently needs to host both a listserv and the forum which requires a separate mailing list product, requires the subscribers to subscribe to both packages, requires double the administration, requires double the traffic, requires double the space and has other integration wierdness that result from not being a single integrated product.

Both interfaces should be sharing the same message data and the same user data. There is only ONE such product that I have found so far and that is Mailgust. However, Mailgust is still young, maintained by only one programmer and does not have the feature-set and user base that FUDforum has. Hopefully this simple and elegant feature can be added to FUDforum (which assuredly has more resources at their disposal than the maker of Mailgust).

Oh gods of FUDforum, please hear my prayer ...

Re: Integrated Listserv/Mailing List (ie, not bridging) [message #167915 is a reply to message #12045] Mon, 12 November 2012 07:05 Go to previous message
THUFIR is currently offline  THUFIR   Canada
Anonymous wrote on Sat, 26 July 2003 11:18
The bridging mechanism to/from lists & NNTP is a great one and should not go away. However, there is a growing number of folks like myself that would like an integrated solution. In order to provide the dual interface, one currently needs to host both a listserv and the forum which requires a separate mailing list product, requires the subscribers to subscribe to both packages, requires double the administration, requires double the traffic, requires double the space and has other integration wierdness that result from not being a single integrated product.

Both interfaces should be sharing the same message data and the same user data. There is only ONE such product that I have found so far and that is Mailgust. However, Mailgust is still young, maintained by only one programmer and does not have the feature-set and user base that FUDforum has. Hopefully this simple and elegant feature can be added to FUDforum (which assuredly has more resources at their disposal than the maker of Mailgust).

Oh gods of FUDforum, please hear my prayer ...

Mailgust looks to be gone.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: NNTP Import: Add rel="nofollow" to URLs
Next Topic: NoSQL support
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 17 06:12:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02457 seconds