FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Add searchable field to message?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon6.gif  Add searchable field to message? [message #12168] Wed, 30 July 2003 16:30 Go to next message
Oliver is currently offline  Oliver   United States
I would be extremely grateful if someone could provide a step by step tutorial on how to add an additional text field to a standard message. I'm sure this would interest a wide variety of webmasters becuase the addition of an additional field has so many uses. *ANY* tips or info would be appreciated! Smile
Re: Add searchable field to message? [message #12196 is a reply to message #12168] Thu, 31 July 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
  1. Add a text field to post.tmpl, pereferable with msg_ prefix attached to it's name.
  2. Modify the msg table adding either a VARCHAR or TEXT field depending on the length of the data you intend to store
  3. Modify imsg_edt adding a variable to fud_msg class under the same name as the field, minus the msg_ prefix.
  4. Modify the add() & sync() methods of fud_msg_edit class to insert the field into the databse.
  5. Modify the post.php.t code to handle the new field. You'll need to handle editing & creation.
  6. Modify drawmsg.php.t/drawmsg.tmpl to display field.
  7. Modify all scripts using tmpl_drawmsg() to fetch the field in their message fetching query.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Add searchable field to message? [message #12309 is a reply to message #12168] Mon, 04 August 2003 03:53 Go to previous message
Oliver is currently offline  Oliver   United States
Thanks a lot, I'll try this and let you know.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: how can i build a page with fudforum's header and footer?
Next Topic: OQ(OICQ) Hack for chinese sites.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 04:06:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02794 seconds