FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Subscription Options
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Subscription Options [message #12559] Wed, 13 August 2003 17:28 Go to next message
Anonymous   United States
I'm pretty new to FUDforum, so I may just not know of it's capabilities, but I have not been able to find an option for automatically subscribing myself to new topics within a forum.

I can subscribe to existing forums and existing topics under forums, but it would be nice to have a check box somewhere in the subscriptions (profile) area, that automatically subscribed me to new topics in a subscribed forum. It would be an option for each forum a user is subscribed to.

Currently I have to remember to manually subscribe to the new topic. Plus, I would like to set subscriptions for new users, so they don't have to worry about it while they are learning the system.

Is this an outlandish request, or just plain stupid?

Thanks!
Re: Subscription Options [message #12560 is a reply to message #12559] Wed, 13 August 2003 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can already subscribe to a forum, which will result in notifications about new topics. As for automatic subscriptions that something you'll need to implement yourself if uou want it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Subscription Options [message #12561 is a reply to message #12560] Wed, 13 August 2003 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tcsboy is currently offline  tcsboy   United States
Sorry, didn't know I was posting anonymously. Thanks, just wondering if it was a desired option.

I'm looking on the bright side, but I still don't see the light! Idea
Re: Subscription Options [message #186057 is a reply to message #12560] Fri, 06 June 2014 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dale is currently offline  dale

I know this is a very old thread, but I can't find more recent documentation on this subject - Is this still the case, that there is no way for users to auto-subscribe to all topics? It seems essential for mail-lists. replies via email to a notification of a new topic generate new topics, so no one using -just- the mailing list side sees the replies. Or is there some setting I'm missing or not aware of?

thanks.
Re: Subscription Options [message #186288 is a reply to message #186057] Mon, 23 June 2014 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   
They can subscribe to all topics by forum. There is no "subscrbe to all forums" button
Re: Subscription Options [message #186290 is a reply to message #186288] Mon, 23 June 2014 05:57 Go to previous message
dale is currently offline  dale

thanks for the response... i couldn't get what I needed for our forum with FUDforum, it's not that it isn't a good choice for most people, it's just that for my personal needs, it just won't work and doesn't seem to have quick enough feedback to get admins going. Personally, I needed some OLD SCHOOL functionality - I needed direct mimicry of a mailing list server with full forum support. I tried, I really did. But it simply is either too hidden, or, as I saw with some admin answers to similar questions, not ever going to be supported. So I kept looking. I found Phorum (yes, feel free to remove all my posts if you like) which suits my -=personal=- admin needs. Yes, I had to write a module to handle the actual outgoing email to handle images, but hey. I could. Here I was lost, and really, couldn't find help. I mean no disrespect, it just didn't work for me, and I really tried.

cheers, and good luck.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Gallery Integration plug-in ?
Next Topic: Suggestion: "Soft delete" feature.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:34:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05278 seconds