FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » E-mail Reject Problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
E-mail Reject Problem [message #1339] Mon, 08 April 2002 23:11 Go to next message
DPitts18 is currently offline  DPitts18   United States
My host just E-mailed me and said that they are receiving messages that get rejected by e-mail, they told me to change it so that e-mail notifications that are rejected are sent to my domain. I have no idea how to do that.

How do fix it to receive my own rejected emails? I looked at an old message reply e-mail I got and it says from (apache(at)cgi(dot)activewebhosting(dot)com) How in the world do I change it to make it so rejects come to me? Daniel(at)passionscentral(dot)com
Re: E-mail Reject Problem [message #1340 is a reply to message #1339] Mon, 08 April 2002 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add this line to the end of core.inc

@ini_set('sendmail_from', $GLOBALS['NOTIFY_FROM']);

That should do it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: E-mail Reject Problem [message #1341 is a reply to message #1340] Mon, 08 April 2002 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would you be willing to do it for me since I am such an amateur?
Re: E-mail Reject Problem [message #1342 is a reply to message #1340] Mon, 08 April 2002 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone can help me please do, I will give you my access info so you can edit it for me. I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me.
Re: E-mail Reject Problem [message #1343 is a reply to message #1342] Tue, 09 April 2002 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
send me your core.inc file via email and I'll send you the modified version.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: E-mail Reject Problem [message #1344 is a reply to message #1343] Tue, 09 April 2002 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Tue, 09 April 2002 12:25 AM

send me your core.inc file via email and I'll send you the modified version.

Where is it located? Is it in the adm folder, because when I try and get into it my FTP (CuteFTP) says perission denied and won't let me in.
Re: E-mail Reject Problem [message #1345 is a reply to message #1344] Tue, 09 April 2002 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I appreciate any help you can give me, I can't edit it, because I don't have the editing software and I am afraid if the problem persists my host will delete my board.
Re: E-mail Reject Problem [message #1352 is a reply to message #1345] Tue, 09 April 2002 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The file is located inside the include directory, which itself is located inside the forum's data directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: E-mail Reject Problem [message #1357 is a reply to message #1352] Tue, 09 April 2002 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I sent you the file you said needed to be edited.
Re: E-mail Reject Problem [message #1388 is a reply to message #1357] Thu, 11 April 2002 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got someone to edit the file for me, but I am just having a problem getting it uploaded. If there is anyone out there who would be willing to help me please do. -Daniel
Re: E-mail Reject Problem [message #1614 is a reply to message #1339] Fri, 19 April 2002 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please Please HELP ME!

My host e-mailed me again and said they are still getting rejects and if I don't fix it ASAP they will disable my CGI account. PLEASE HELP if you can.
Re: E-mail Reject Problem [message #1615 is a reply to message #1614] Sat, 20 April 2002 01:15 Go to previous message
Olliver   Germany
DPitts18,
Prottoss told u the file and the line to be alterred. Someone else edited the file for u. Don't u think it would be time for investigating the problem on ur own? If u don't even bother to improve ur knowledge to understand what is going on why do u run the FUD at all? After all u complain for a problem which is absolutely not related to the FUD itself, but to its configuration by u. And concerning the missing software tools: Ever heard of Freshmeat? For instance u could use PHPEdit (win32), jEdit (all platforms) or xemacs (unix), all of them free to use. U can get the manuals from www.php.net. If ur provider would shut down ur site then it was because u knew about the issue and did nothing against it. You and no one else would be held responsible for it. If u want to run stuff on ur own, fine, then try and error. If u don't want to learn then hire someone to do the work for u and get him/her paid for it.
just my humble opinion on that subject.
- Ken
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Can't nest numbered lists.
Next Topic: Private message bug revisited?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 19 02:41:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03244 seconds