FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Pagination nav bar at the top of msg
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Pagination nav bar at the top of msg [message #13711] Thu, 23 October 2003 22:23 Go to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
some of the threads are quite long. Some because of me. Very Happy There is a pagination nav bar at the bottom of the message.

Quote:

Pages (2): [ « < 1 2]

How about a pagination nav bar at the top of the message? Sure would cut down on the scrolling.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: Pagination nav bar at the top of msg [message #13713 is a reply to message #13711] Thu, 23 October 2003 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Seems unusual, when reading a topic you are usually at the bottom of the page when you want to switch to the next page. On the topic view itself there are 2 links that can take you to later pages. First being the down arrow (on unread topics) taking you to the 1st unread message in the topic or the link on the right hand side taking you to the last message in the thread.
Moving the page nagivation to the top is silly, it'll require a user who just finished reading a page of message to scroll up to get to the next page.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Pagination nav bar at the top of msg [message #13715 is a reply to message #13713] Thu, 23 October 2003 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
when a thread is a multi-page thread, sometimes we end up at the top of the thread. sometimes we start at the top when we meant to go to the last page and sometimes we end up at the top to check out what started the thread. And to get to the next page, we then have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

I did not say move the nav bar. I suggested a nav bar at the top [in addition to the one at the bottom].

PS: "Silly" is one of those emotional words that will ofter elicit another emotional response. Rolling Eyes

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."

[Updated on: Thu, 23 October 2003 23:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Pagination nav bar at the top of msg [message #13716 is a reply to message #13715] Thu, 23 October 2003 23:04 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
esm2002 wrote on Thu, 23 October 2003 18:58

when a thread is a multi-page thread, sometimes we end up at the top of the thread. sometimes we start at the top when we meant to go to the last page and sometimes we end up at the top to check out what started the thread. And to get to the next page, we then have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

I did not say move the nav bar. I suggested a nav bar at the top [in addition to the one at the bottom].

Well, you can press the 'end' button on your keyboard and be instantly transported to the bottom of the page no need to scroll all the way down. The top of the page already has a fair number of links, why confuse the situation even further with dosen more links?

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Ask to join a group - is that feature present?
Next Topic: Bit masks.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 09 19:00:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02169 seconds