FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » upgrade from 2.02 -> 2.52, stuck at Admin Login console
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
upgrade from 2.02 -> 2.52, stuck at Admin Login console [message #13896] Thu, 30 October 2003 16:16 Go to next message
allentek is currently offline  allentek   United States
Hello everyone,
I was given the task of upgrading our forum (installed long time ago by previous employees) from 1.2.7 to 2.5.2 . I came here to the forums & read quite a bit before plunging in since I'd never used this software before & thought I had all my bases covered.

The upgrade from 1.2.7 to 1.2.8 went smoothly as did the update to 2.02 . When I ran the update for 2.5.2, it appeared to go smoothly with no error msgs, however, when the consistency checker was supposed to run, I was presented with the admin login console. After trying to login (as root, which is the admin acct), it brings me right back almost like I'm in a loop (no error msgs or nuthin). Of course now, the forum is offline & it appears there is no way for me to go into the console to change anything. After perusing the forums once again, I am leaning towards the possibility of a cookie problem but I could possibly be way off for all I know.
I'm kinda at a loss now & am searching for ways to either backout & reattempt the update or fix the current updated forum. Would someone please help give me some pointers as to how I can fix this ? Thank you.....
Re: upgrade from 2.02 -> 2.52, stuck at Admin Login console [message #13897 is a reply to message #13896] Thu, 30 October 2003 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The fact that there were no error is a good sign.

Check your GLOBALS.php file and make sure that cookie domain corresponds to the domain the forum is installed on.

Also, check the MySQL database and see if is_mod = 'A' for the user you are trying to login as.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: upgrade from 2.02 -> 2.52, stuck at Admin Login console [message #13902 is a reply to message #13896] Thu, 30 October 2003 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allentek is currently offline  allentek   United States
Thanks for responding so quickly. I had those entries for what you'd previously suggested.

I got impatient & since I had ghosted the hdd before upgrading, I just ghosted it back to the original forum. I have since went back through the update to 1.8 & then to 2.02 again & stopped there since that seemed to be last working point. This time when going through the last update, the last line gave me this msg: WARNING: Failed opening '/var/www/forum_install/include/core.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/forum_install/include/GLOBALS.php on line 121 . Everything appears to be operating normally at the moment. I do not even have a folder /usr/share/pear ? /var/www/forum_install/include/core.inc is in the correct place also. Could this be a contributor to any further upgrade issues ? I am assuming yes. Any tips as to how I can correct this & continue on my upgrade path to 2.5.2 ?
Re: upgrade from 2.02 -> 2.52, stuck at Admin Login console [message #13903 is a reply to message #13902] Thu, 30 October 2003 19:34 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If the forum cannot open "/var/www/forum_install/include/core.inc" and that is infact the correct path for the file, make sure that the webserver has the ability to write to and read from that file.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 2.6RC1 upgrade fron 2.5.3RC3 issue
Next Topic: apache user on forum dir
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 17 03:34:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02526 seconds