FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #13907] Fri, 31 October 2003 02:32 Go to next message
aircool5(at)bellsouth(dot)net is currently offline  aircool5(at)bellsouth(dot)net   United States
I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 and or course I have fallow the rules :
Topics Per Page:

The default number of topics per page. NOTE: If you change this value you
MUST run the consistency checker, otherwise the forum will not work properly

Also when I click on 2 page on the bottom take me to the top but never to the second page , of course I refers when the topics pass 40.

Powered by: FUDforum 2.5.2
Copyright ©2001-2003 Advanced Internet Designs Inc.
http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=866
  • Attachment: Forum3.jpg
    (Size: 43.96KB, Downloaded 1351 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 31 October 2003 02:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #13909 is a reply to message #13907] Fri, 31 October 2003 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aircool5(at)bellsouth(dot)net is currently offline  aircool5(at)bellsouth(dot)net   United States
Also whiting the second page of the topic I try to reply and gave me this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pager_replace() in /home/pigeons4/public_html/FUDforum2/theme/default/post.php on line 2867

http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=867
  • Attachment: forum4.jpg
    (Size: 130.98KB, Downloaded 1236 times)
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #13918 is a reply to message #13909] Fri, 31 October 2003 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Did you run the consistency checker after changing the topic per page settings?

The error message itself is quite strange, the function you mention only occurs inside 1 file, the same file it is declared from. Could you please send me the /home/pigeons4/public_html/FUDforum2/theme/default/post.php file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #13943 is a reply to message #13918] Sat, 01 November 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I did run the consistency checker after changing the topic per page settings.
Sorry I have try to sent you this file by the icq but it not funtion well.

Here is part of the file:
$cur_pg = ceil($start / $count);
$ttl_pg = ceil($total / $count);

$page_pager_data = '';

if (($page_start = $start - $count) > -1) {
if ($append) {
$page_first_url = $arg . $suf;
$page_prev_url = $arg . $page_start . $suf;
} else {
$page_first_url = $page_prev_url = $arg;
pager_replace($page_first_url, 0, $count);( this is the line 2867 where is supose to be an error)
pager_replace($page_prev_url, $page_start, $count);
}

$page_pager_data .= !$js_pager ? '&nbsp;<a href="'.$page_first_url.'" class="PagerLink">&laquo;</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="'.$page_prev_url.'" class="PagerLink">&lt;</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;' : '&nbsp;<a href="javascript://" onClick="'.$page_first_url.'" class="PagerLink">&laquo;</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="javascript://" onClick="'.$page_prev_url.'" class="PagerLink">&lt;</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;';
}

$mid = ceil($GLOBALS['GENERAL_PAGER_COUNT'] / 2);

if ($ttl_pg > $GLOBALS['GENERAL_PAGER_COUNT']) {
if (($mid + $cur_pg) >= $ttl_pg) {
$end = $ttl_pg;
$mid += $mid + $cur_pg - $ttl_pg;
$st = $cur_pg - $mid;
} else if (($cur_pg - $mid) <= 0) {
$st = 0;
$mid += $mid - $cur_pg;
$end = $mid + $cur_pg;
} else {
$st = $cur_pg - $mid;
$end = $mid + $cur_pg;
}

I try to sent by private massaging

[Updated on: Sat, 01 November 2003 12:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #13962 is a reply to message #13943] Sat, 01 November 2003 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
This is a bug with older versions that I already fixed in 2.6.0 sometime ago.

To fix it, edit draw_pager.inc.t and move function pager_replace outside of the if() it is in right now.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #13967 is a reply to message #13962] Sun, 02 November 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do not see that bug ,this is part of that file where I beleve is that error you mantion , if you see is out side the():

<?php
/************************************************************************** *
* copyright : (C) 2001,2002 Advanced Internet Designs Inc.
* email : forum(at)prohost(dot)org
* $Id: draw_pager.inc.t,v 1.5 2003/06/02 18:06:51 hackie Exp $

* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
*************************************************************************** /

if ($GLOBALS['USE_PATH_INFO'] == 'N') {

function pager_replace(&$str, $s, $c)
{
$str = str_replace('%s', $s, $str);
$str = str_replace('%c', $c, $str);
}

function tmpl_create_pager($start, $count, $total, $arg, $suf='', $append=1, $js_pager=FALSE)
{
if (!$count) {
$count = $GLOBALS['POSTS_PER_PAGE'];
}
if ($total <= $count) {
return;
}

$cur_pg = ceil($start / $count);
$ttl_pg = ceil($total / $count);

$page_pager_data = '';

if (($page_start = $start - $count) > -1) {
if ($append) {
$page_first_url = $arg.'&amp;start=0'.$suf;
$page_prev_url = $arg.'&amp;start='.$page_start.$suf;
} else {
$page_first_url = $page_prev_url = $arg;
pager_replace($page_first_url, 0, $count);
pager_replace($page_prev_url, $page_start, $count);
}
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #13969 is a reply to message #13967] Sun, 02 November 2003 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Change
<?php
f
($GLOBALS['USE_PATH_INFO'] == 'N') {

function
pager_replace(&$str, $s, $c)
{
}
?>

To
<?php
function pager_replace(&$str, $s, $c)
{
}
if (
$GLOBALS['USE_PATH_INFO'] == 'N') {
?>

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #14004 is a reply to message #13969] Mon, 03 November 2003 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I did that but do not work ,can you email me the whole file and I replace this one.
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #14005 is a reply to message #14004] Mon, 03 November 2003 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I don't have whole file, so I cannot do it... After making the change, did you rebuild theme? If you did not, do it, that would explain why the change had no impact.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #14014 is a reply to message #14005] Tue, 04 November 2003 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What it happen is ,when I rebuild the theme the file step back , I means , no matter what chmod I put after rebuild it put the old code back in.
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #14018 is a reply to message #14014] Tue, 04 November 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Which file did you modify?You should've modified draw_pager.inc.t and then rebuild the theme, which would make the forum rebuild the generated files using the file you've modified.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #14019 is a reply to message #14018] Tue, 04 November 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where is that fike locate I onlu find the one under "/FUDforum/include/theme/default" is name it :
draw_pager.inc
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #14020 is a reply to message #14019] Tue, 04 November 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You should be looking for draw_pager.inc.t not draw_pager.inc. The latter is a generated file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #14023 is a reply to message #14020] Tue, 04 November 2003 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have not find that file only this two:
draw_pager.tmpl
draw_pager.inc
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #14025 is a reply to message #14023] Tue, 04 November 2003 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Find src/ directory, that file is in there.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I have change the amount of Topic from 40 to 25 [message #14027 is a reply to message #14025] Tue, 04 November 2003 03:12 Go to previous message
Thankyou
Done
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: hardcoded colors
Next Topic: If I upgrade I loos the custom config.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 11:10:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04605 seconds