FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Translations » French translation request
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
French translation request [message #14657] Wed, 19 November 2003 10:36 Go to next message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
Hi

In the french translation, "s'enregistrer" is used everywhere for the translation of "register". This includes registering for an account and monitoring the new threads in a particular forum and replies to a message.

I suggest
"s'inscrire" in the former case (registering for an account)
"surveiller" for the monitoring of new threads and replies.

This will make it much more understandable to newcomers, and I won't have to remake the change after upgrading...

I also like better "sujet" in place of "fil" for the translation of "thread", but I can live with "fil".

Thanks

FD
Re: French translation request [message #14659 is a reply to message #14657] Wed, 19 November 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Suggest you fix the file yourself and post it here then Ilia can pick it up for the next release. The forum's developers aren't responsible for translations but the people contributing them, which means a language isn't updated as long as someone decides to make modifications.

Olliver
Re: French translation request [message #14667 is a reply to message #14657] Wed, 19 November 2003 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Send me the updated msg file and I can integrate the changes into standard FUDforum distribution.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: French translation request [message #14772 is a reply to message #14667] Thu, 20 November 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am still using fudforum 2.3.8. I plan to upgrade to 2.6.0 as soon as the stable release is available.

I refrain on using intermediate versions because my forum needs some customizations, which I don't want to redo each time I upgrade...

Maybe I'll grab the file from cvs and make the changes. Trouble is last time I tried to access the cvs from the web, it failed for some reason... Maybe because I'm behind a quite restrictive firewall ? Is it using some non standard port ?

Re: French translation request [message #14773 is a reply to message #14772] Thu, 20 November 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't get into the cvs to get the french msg file.

When I click download/view changelog, it asks me for a login/password, and anonymous won't work.

I tried cygwin's cvs command as stated in the doc but it said "connection refused"...

Can you tell me how to use it, or send me the msg file via email or PM ?

Thanks !
Re: French translation request [message #14776 is a reply to message #14773] Thu, 20 November 2003 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The web CVS interface is not working to well at this point Sad.

Attached is the French msg file.
  • Attachment: french_msg.gz
    (Size: 20.53KB, Downloaded 1259 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
icon1.gif  Re: French translation request [message #14818 is a reply to message #14776] Fri, 21 November 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia a écrit le jeu, 20 novembre 2003 09:16

The web CVS interface is not working to well at this point Sad.

Attached is the French msg file.

Here is the updated french msg file. I corrected many typos here and there, I hope everything is right. I translated the new strings at the end of the file, and the english string for

adm_account_rejected

didn't seem quite coherent (request declined but account is now active) to me. Isn't this an error ?

Regards
  • Attachment: msg.gz
    (Size: 20.42KB, Downloaded 1128 times)
Re: French translation request [message #14819 is a reply to message #14818] Fri, 21 November 2003 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
"and is now active" is due to a copy paste error on my part, it should not be there.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: French translation request [message #14820 is a reply to message #14819] Fri, 21 November 2003 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not in the french translation I sent anyway.

Please include my changes, I fixed many typos.
Re: French translation request [message #14821 is a reply to message #14820] Fri, 21 November 2003 17:08 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
RC7 includes the fixed translation.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Dictionary File
Next Topic: French translation update
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 14 22:07:20 GMT 2024