FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » how to implement or install a "captcha"?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
how to implement or install a "captcha"? [message #158205] Mon, 09 February 2009 23:16 Go to next message
WilliamBurns is currently offline  WilliamBurns   United States
I am having increasing bogus registrations, and I would like to find and install something that will require registrants to actually read their screen and select a response. I have heard of a graphic routine called a captcha that can do this. Has anyone implemented one on a FUDForum installation? If so, where did you get it and where did you put it?
Re: how to implement or install a "captcha"? [message #158207 is a reply to message #158205] Tue, 10 February 2009 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Go the the Admin Control Panel -> Global Settings Manager and look for "Disable Captcha Test":

"If disabled users will not need to complete a turing test intended to prevent automated account creation bots. Captcha test involves identifying a series of random letters that are displayed in ASCII form."

Best regards.

Frank
Re: how to implement or install a "captcha"? [message #158209 is a reply to message #158207] Tue, 10 February 2009 06:29 Go to previous message
Marticus   United States
It should be noted, in case of confusion, setting this to Yes will Disable the built-in anti-turing mechanism. Setting it to No will Enable it. *grin*

I thought it was Enabled ("No") by default... It -should- be if it isn't.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Automatic pruning
Next Topic: stop people from posting links till they have a certain number of posts
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:35:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02131 seconds