FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Getting started
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Getting started [message #158263] Fri, 13 February 2009 20:22 Go to next message
amyjobr is currently offline  amyjobr   United States

I really like how this forum software works (as a user) and would like to create my own forum, on my own topic. I am not a techie; have never set up a web site. Have played around on www.blogger.com, but that's about it.

What do I need to do to get started here? I was looking for a step by step manual, but everything I've come across seems very technical -- i.e., I'm having trouble following it.

Is this software that I need to add to a web site already in place? Do I already need a web server/host in place? Or can I download this and get started without much of a background in web site development?

Thanks for any help!
Re: Getting started [message #158264 is a reply to message #158263] Fri, 13 February 2009 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Installing and getting a forum running isn't that technical. For example, following this procedure, you should be able to install a forum on your PC in a couple of minutes. Detailed instructions are here.

Best of luck!

Frank
Re: Getting started [message #158542 is a reply to message #158264] Tue, 03 March 2009 06:07 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I trust you've got your forum up and running by now. If not, please let us know.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: PORT
Next Topic: Saving theme template errors
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 00:31:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02388 seconds