FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » upgrade script password issue
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
upgrade script password issue [message #158757] Wed, 18 March 2009 20:07 Go to next message
Marticus
If the database password is set to something that includes special characters, upgrade.php fails before it even starts. The sql password I had included the follow characters: .$& one of them seems to cause the upgrade script to fail with the following message. The upgrade continues after changing the password to something simpler.

Notice: Undefined variable: Nypc in /home/marticus/public_html/FUDforum2/upgrade.php(995) : eval()'d code on line 36

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user [email]'marticus_fudforu'@'localhost'[/email] (using password: YES) in /home/marticus/public_html/FUDforum2/upgrade.php on line 456

MySQL Error: #1045 (Access denied for user [email]'marticus_fudforu'@'localhost'[/email] (using password: YES))

[Updated on: Wed, 18 March 2009 20:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: upgrade script password issue [message #159048 is a reply to message #158757] Mon, 27 April 2009 20:38 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I'm unable to reproduce the problem. I've installed FUDforum 2.8.1RC1 and changed the admin password to X.$&. The upgrade script connects successfully with this password and upgrades the forum.

Do you have "Magic Quotes" enabled (it is OFF on my forum)?

Best regards.

Frank
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Problem with importing the data
Next Topic: Geo-location stop working after upgrade
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 04 10:13:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02325 seconds