FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » fudbox.php not catching Re: RE: re: or rE:
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
fudbox.php not catching Re: RE: re: or rE: [message #159458] Thu, 04 June 2009 00:01 Go to next message
mountainfreak is currently offline  mountainfreak
WOW for 74 messages and 4 topics in mailman exporting mail to fudforum using fudbox.php from the wiki I get a whopping 74 messages and 64 threads...fudbox isn't working quite right. AKA thread madness. I even tried it with Slow Reply Match turned on and off. Trust me it's worse with it off. So is there something better now? Some way to mod it to always remove re:, RE:, Re:, and rE: from the subject before sending it to maillist.php? With over 10 years of free to public posts this will be maddening to fix. Mailman somehow handles this correctly, but it's python code and I haven't used it yet. I'd love to have a script that strictly matches(case insensative) the title regardless any form of "re:" at the beginning of a subject line. Also it might be nice to put a warning in the wiki that it(fudbox) removes the emails from the .mbox file as it posts them(be nice if it didn't remove the emails). It would be nice to let less experienced users who might not think of backing up their mbox file know that... thankfully I always do, or perhaps make it a point they should point that script to their backup file and not the main one. If I knew python a bit better I'd mod fudbox based on mailmans scripts... alas mailman it looks like Visual Basic to me... something I never want to see again... lol

Cheers and thanks for the great software,
R

[Updated on: Thu, 04 June 2009 00:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: fudbox.php not catching Re: RE: re: or rE: [message #159621 is a reply to message #159458] Sat, 13 June 2009 07:27 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you please post or mail me the mbox file so we can get this resolved?

PS: To prevent the deletion, comment out this line:
$mbox->remove($i)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Impossible to vote poll
Next Topic: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 18:15:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05037 seconds