FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » Concord theme (dark blue/ purple) (New experimental theme)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Concord theme (dark blue/ purple) [message #159568] Thu, 11 June 2009 14:44 Go to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Here is the next one. We need the usual: a name, buttons, etc.

http://cvs.prohost.org/images/f/f5/Darkblue_theme.jpg
icon6.gif  Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159584 is a reply to message #159568] Thu, 11 June 2009 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States

Concord

have a zip file?

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159588 is a reply to message #159568] Fri, 12 June 2009 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"ZIP" I don't need no stinking Zip... I got you covered!

Take a gander at these!

index.php?t=getfile&id=5632&private=0

Conventional, stylish and unique all at the same time.

Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159603 is a reply to message #159588] Fri, 12 June 2009 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   Canada
Excellent! Thanks for the fine work, I'm trying out a different app right now - Art Text for OSX - to see what I can come up with too.

As an administrative note, maybe these button-related threads might be good to move to (or link in) the "FUDforum Icons" forum, just for organization?
Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159610 is a reply to message #159603] Fri, 12 June 2009 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kerryg wrote on Fri, 12 June 2009 11:21

As an administrative note, maybe these button-related threads might be good to move to (or link in) the "FUDforum Icons" forum, just for organization?

I'm making a collection of them to organize into a real gallery, along with Avatars, icons, CSS, and complete themes. Like the grape defaults above, I have those in 100 different hues or shades of color that still need modified some and or renamed. But what I think we really need are some "Instructions for Dummies" on how too use and install them, as well as some other how to's

I'm with you on linking with the icons threads but am considering going More Better with it using the virtual forum option. If I understand it correctly that will be the way to go, as it would allow any administrator of a FUDforum installation (with privileges) to access it, use it and contribute to it directly from their forum.

Unfortunately, I am just a glorified user with an attitude and have nowhere near the in depth know how and knowledge some of you possess.

If you are willing we can put our heads together and see what we can work out.

icon6.gif  Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159623 is a reply to message #159568] Sat, 13 June 2009 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
If you can find time to attach a zip file of the purple theme, I can add it to the collection.
So far I have all the other ones you made and I believe all the themes that users have uploaded in the last couple years, groms dark, grey, black theme, dark penguin, and a couple others. I also have several CSS's, Piasa's original, mutiny, xmas, easter, witchs green, and lord knows what else.

Along with 5 or 6 avatar packages, 4 sets of buttons and about 100 of FUDs default buttons in different shades and colors (and I will work on converting the ones for different languages) those alone should fulfill most needs, its pretty hard to improve on them as far as legibility is concerned and they are probably the best I have seen. By colorizing them they can be used just about anywhere and I also have black and red silk buttons somewhere if I can find them.

Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159624 is a reply to message #159623] Sat, 13 June 2009 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Sorry, I should have uploaded it days go.

BTW, your buttons look stunning! However, some may be missing, for example, your zip doesn't have a show_posts.gif.
  • Attachment: concord.zip
    (Size: 4.77KB, Downloaded 867 times)
Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159628 is a reply to message #159624] Sat, 13 June 2009 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No biggie we been busy beavers, and you are right, we are missing one from that group but we can fix that easy enough.

we'll pull it all together, I know where the original gimp files are... or rather were I'm pretty sure I can find them again, and am hoping to make some other little tags to go along with them if nothing else i have some blanks i modified with paint that will work fine.

One thing we will definitely need though is some translations "Quick Reply" for starters but any new tags we make will need translations as well, and FUDforum covers a lot of languages.

If I count right with quick reply that's 16, minimum for each language and add to that what we need for any additional user tags, ranks or whatever else.

And that brings up a whole nother set of issues as to the text capabilities of the computer but I think the mozilla language packs along with windows will suffice if we can get the translations to begin with.

But if we do this right your next release will be a doozy!

index.php?t=getfile&id=5643&private=0

icon6.gif  Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159807 is a reply to message #159628] Thu, 25 June 2009 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The colorized Fud buttons don't seem to work!
uploaded concord theme to: FUDforum/thm/concord_default (With the addition of footer and header tmpl, and the concord button set added to images )

Created New Theme: concord_default based on that template set (enabled / eng) Rebuilt theme

Selected theme as admin user default from profile page, Works good! except the Buttons still appear to be the same, old default color?

The default buttons work fine with this color theme, since there is not all that much difference.

This same process seems to work and display fine with the buttons I made from scratch, even after rebuilding themes.

So far I have recolored 16 buttons in 16 different hues for each of the languages FUDforum supports (all that remains is sorting them (tedious), renaming them and I will be done.

At his time I am wondering if it would be possible to Modify the theme manager so that in addition to having an option for "locale" "language" there is an option for display color?

but there is not much point if they do not display properly
Any ideas?.

Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159808 is a reply to message #159807] Fri, 26 June 2009 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You somehow introduced a space before the file extensions. For example, flat_view .gif instead of flat_view.gif. After fixing the names, dumping the images into thm/concord/i18n/english/img and rebuilding the theme, they appear on-screen.
icon6.gif  Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159810 is a reply to message #159808] Fri, 26 June 2009 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DuH! Embarassed Don't I feel the fool.

I did the same on another set as well, but I caught that one already.
So what is your goal with these themes and galleries? Or do you have a specific goal beyond making a gallery?

I'm no coder but from the looks of things I would guess that it would not be too difficult to include a choice of themes in the next version.

Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159860 is a reply to message #159810] Mon, 29 June 2009 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The Witcher wrote on Fri, 26 June 2009 10:09
So what is your goal with these themes and galleries? Or do you have a specific goal beyond making a gallery?

Not sure yet. For now it's important to continue the effort. A rich gallery of themes, buttons, avatars, etc. will benefit the entire community. When done, we may include some into the next version or create a "theme builder" to help users putting it all together.
Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #159861 is a reply to message #159860] Mon, 29 June 2009 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK I understand and its something I agree with!

icon6.gif  Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #160065 is a reply to message #159860] Tue, 21 July 2009 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Mon, 29 June 2009 15:47

Not sure yet. For now it's important to continue the effort. A rich gallery of themes, buttons, avatars, etc. will benefit the entire community. When done, we may include some into the next version or create a "theme builder" to help users putting it all together.

I am still testing all the experimental themes, and so far the only issue that is notable is that Quotes have no definition to them other than the quotations themselves, there is no visable block or border around them and their background melds with the rest so they appear as regular text on the screen.

So far I have been unable to identify which CSS section will correct it, still looking.

Other than that they are great!

Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #160066 is a reply to message #160065] Tue, 21 July 2009 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Quote:
I am still testing all the experimental themes, and so far the only issue that is notable is that Quotes have no definition to them other than the quotations themselves, there is no visable block or border around them and their background melds with the rest so they appear as regular text on the screen.

They are designed for FUDforum 2.8.2.
Re: Dark blue/ purple theme [message #160075 is a reply to message #160066] Wed, 22 July 2009 04:16 Go to previous message
Well I guess that explains something, I suppose.

So does that include all of the experimental themes, or just some of them?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: DarkPenguin --- progress 2.6
Next Topic: Grey
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:10:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02814 seconds