FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Define an unexpected error? (The handy dandy context sensitive help link included with 2.8.1 says that it is important to report all "Unexpected errors" )
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon6.gif  Define an unexpected error? [message #159953] Sun, 12 July 2009 14:36 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
The handy dandy context sensitive help link included with 2.8.1 says that it is important to report all "Unexpected errors" !

And it must be important because there is a little nuclear love icon attached to the message.

But aren't all or most errors sort of unexpected?

At any rate while I have been busy with other matters I have accumulated several errors, the vast majority of which are similar to or identical to this one:

Quote:
[Error] Invalid Input
[Message Sent to User] You have followed an invalid link. Please notify the webmaster how you got here.
[User IP] XXX.XXX.546.36
[Requested URL] http://my_x_domain.com/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=8&rid=0&
[Referring Page] http://my_x_domain.com/index.php

Back when I 1st started it was explained to me that I would get lots of these errors and that they were just bots and or spiders, but I wonder are they really?

I make a special effort to block bots and spiders so such errors are unexpected, but I would like a definitive answer on what errors to be concerned with and which ones not to be concerned with? And how do you tell?

Of more concern to me is this error that I have been working on for the past few days:

Quote:
(/home/.conch/usr_name/domain.name/index.php:76
/home/.conch/usr_name/domain.name/index.php:321
/home/.conch/usr_name/domain.name/theme/default/selmsg.php:650
/home/.conch/usr_name/domain.name/index.php:1221
) 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Query: UPDATE fud28_ses SET sys_id='d69fc8c4de5a7428933da3692bb6e3d8', forum_id=0, time_sec=1247304846, action='Browsing <a href=\"index.php?t=selmsg&amp;date=today&amp;rid=\">Today's Posts</a>', returnto='t=selmsg&rid=0&S=b324b588354b8de1a2a564229d12772d&frm _id=0&th=0&reply_count=0' WHERE id=
_GET: array ( 't' => 'selmsg', 'rid' => '0', 'S' => 'b325b688354b8de1a3a564229d12672d', 'frm_id' => '0', 'th' => '0', 'reply_count' => '0', )
Server Version: 5.0.67-log

I believe it is related to the problem I have been having with being unable to keep the expand and contract button on the page. As the (ATTATCHED):image shows there is another "Base HREF" domain displayed in my page source info that should not be there, in fact it is there twice.

This appears to have originated with my rebuilding the site and experimenting with modifying the header before finally restoring it to its home domain and migrated with the data dump, but I am unable to get rid of it. More importantly when I edit the header to take them out I lose the expand and contract buttons again.

It works normally otherwise I can save and restore etc it is just taking these out of the header that affects things. The domain they refers to still exists on another server but the information displayed is not all consistent with that domain.

So any information on these errors, particularly how to rid my self of them would be much appreciated.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Define an unexpected error? [message #159966 is a reply to message #159953] Mon, 13 July 2009 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Quote:
[Requested URL] http://my_x_domain.com/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=8&rid=0&

This URL should be valid, unless you don't have a forum 8. This can happen if you delete forum 8, or if someone if taking a chance to see if there is one.

Your second issue (which you should have posted as a separate topic) looks like a configuration problem. I need steps to reproduce or access to your forum to understand what's happening.
icon6.gif  Re: Define an unexpected error? [message #159979 is a reply to message #159966] Mon, 13 July 2009 15:53 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Well I do have 8 forums or more, but I have received dozens even hundreds of these errors and I find it perplexing as to why particularly given the very small amount of traffic I actually have, and that they occur over a range of forums but I will look into it further.

Of more importance is the second error:

Quote:
Your second issue (which you should have posted as a separate topic)

Give the word and I will repost or split it so it becomes two topics, I guess I have become reluctant to post too many topics, since there is only one of you I feel like a know nothing leach.

As for access this is the same basic issue I sent you the access for a few days ago but I have since rebuilt it over again and put it on a different installation but I have sent you the new access info via e-mail in an image tag (its a test installation using a back up from one that works properly)

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Banner Ad On Every Page
Next Topic: The availability of IP addresses to regular users
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 00:44:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02827 seconds