FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » PHP discussions » PHP FTP file upload
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
PHP FTP file upload [message #160317] Tue, 18 August 2009 00:39 Go to next message
checkitout is currently offline  checkitout   Philippines
Hi,

I am trying to set up a database design site that allows users to upload files, but there is a 2mb limit on my server that I don't think I can change. It's a shared hosting account, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I've already tried .htaccess and it gave me a 500 error. I contact the hosting company to see if it was possible for them to change php.ini for me or something, I'm guessing they're gonna say no.

I was wondering if it would make a difference if I used FTP. Probably not, because the file still has to go through the form and get posted?

Is there any way to do what I'm trying to accomplish?

Btw, I am creating this for a very specific group of users (in an office) that are all using IE, which has built in support for ftp, right? Not sure what this entails, I don't use IE, but I read this in another thread. I'm going to look into that now.

Any thoughts on my large file upload dilemma are appreciated!

Thank!!

Jess
Re: PHP FTP file upload [message #160337 is a reply to message #160317] Wed, 19 August 2009 23:39 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
I recently inquired about the same issue with one of my hosts, and received the following response:

Quote:

Sadly, we cannot edit shared PHP settings, since other users use them
too. However, all is not lost; you can change that setting using a custom php.ini.

They even include a Wiki with instructions, but it is a little in depth for me to tackle right now, but you should check if your host offers the same or similar option.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Piping email with php scripts
Next Topic: Help Me In intalling a php server on my computer
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:54:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02200 seconds