FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Forum Hacked?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum Hacked? [message #160528] Thu, 24 September 2009 17:20 Go to next message
Starcitsura is currently offline  Starcitsura   
Google has marked my forum as malware, I can't find any offending posts, and when I open the forum in IE it does seem to redirect the browser to another site. I can't find anything obvious that would cause the problem.

http://www.navaldomination.com/forum
icon6.gif  Re: Forum Hacked? [message #160529 is a reply to message #160528] Thu, 24 September 2009 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Did you request a review using Webmaster Tools: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Forum Hacked? [message #160530 is a reply to message #160528] Thu, 24 September 2009 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have, but eather someone has gained backend access to my server, or, there is a flaw with the forum that allowed someone to inject code into it.
icon6.gif  Re: Forum Hacked? [message #160531 is a reply to message #160530] Fri, 25 September 2009 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Quite possible I suppose that someone gained access to your server, it appears that you had problems with that just last month.
I'm no expert but I would suppose that even if you managed to clear the offending entries Google would still have you blocked until verified.

From what I am seeing it appears that your domain itself is ok, it is just your Forum that is being blocked and then only from the link at the top of the page!!!!! http://www.navaldomination.com/forum/

All the links at the bottom of the pages go to: http://www.navaldomination.com/forums/ which is a a PHPBB forum, not a FUDforum. The last post there appears to be Aug 29 2009, Which is identical to the main post on your domain. After visiting that Phpbb forum I recieved a malware warning!

Quote:
Server Hack - Update 2

By Coxswain on August 29, 2009, 09:44:01

This morning I was going to repair the forums, however, issues continue at the server end. I am no longer able to access the parts of the server I need access to. So the forums will remain down for a longer period of time.
Server Hack - Update

By Coxswain on August 29, 2009, 00:29:13

The game has been restored, there should be no ill-effects on that front, however the forums are fubar'ed. As far as I can tell none of the content has been lost, but I cannot seem to clear the hackers page. I have other effected sites that I need to repair, so the forums at this point are secondary. If you do find any of the hackers splashes, msg me so I can remove them.
Server Hacked

By Coxswain on August 29, 2009, 00:02:51

The server that Naval Domination (and a few other sites I have) runs on was hacked, effecting hundreds, even thousands of websites. The security flaw was with the server, and the server alone. It has now been patched, and I have the tedious job of rooting out all the left over code from the hacker. The forums are still down, and it might show up in a few other places. Please be patient..

Question: are you looking for FUDforum Help or PHPBB help?

Question: Are you running coppies of both?

Question: have you checked (WWW Root: , ROOt path and data path to insure they are correct, or have you enabled HTML?

If you are using PHPBB there is little or nothing I can tell you, or help you with due to my limited knowledge of that platform.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Forum Hacked? [message #160550 is a reply to message #160531] Mon, 28 September 2009 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Yip, the OP is using PHPbb and not FUDforum. Earlier releases of PHPbb was particularly vulnerable. So, upgrade or convert to FUDforum!
Re: Forum Hacked? [message #160558 is a reply to message #160528] Tue, 29 September 2009 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The phpbb forum is disabled and only used for news posts.
Another site that I have on the same server was also hacked, so I have the server techs looking into it.

I converted to fudforum some time ago. But was unable to extract posts for use in the news feature. If you dig back in this forum you will find a post where I asked for help with that. Wink
Re: Forum Hacked? [message #160562 is a reply to message #160558] Tue, 29 September 2009 11:10 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It is unlikely that your site was hacked via FUDforum. However, if you have any evidence to the contrary, we would be very interested to know about it.

This may help you to "secure" or "harden" your FUDform installation: http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Securing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: STMP Error
Next Topic: "Please don't create duplicate topics"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:06:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02136 seconds