FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » "Please don't create duplicate topics"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
"Please don't create duplicate topics" [message #160540] Mon, 28 September 2009 12:26 Go to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking   United States
Constantly get this error when users edit posts.
icon6.gif  Re: "Please don't create duplicate topics" [message #160544 is a reply to message #160540] Mon, 28 September 2009 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
littleking wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 07:26
Constantly get this error when users edit posts.

Is this using v3.0.0RC1, or an earlier version?

If v3.0.0RC1 there may be issues with the feature which is intended to prevent duplicate topics, and if so is that function enabled? Perhaps you could disable, it and see if there is any difference.

If it is an earlier version it will need to be looked into further.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: "Please don't create duplicate topics" [message #160549 is a reply to message #160544] Mon, 28 September 2009 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
As requested by The Witcher, can you please let us know what version you are running and if you have "Check for Duplicates" enabled in the Global Settings Manager?
Re: "Please don't create duplicate topics" [message #160556 is a reply to message #160549] Tue, 29 September 2009 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking   United States
yep, 3.0 RC1, disabling that fixed it.
icon6.gif  Re: "Please don't create duplicate topics" [message #160557 is a reply to message #160556] Tue, 29 September 2009 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 19:02

Outstanding!

So if I understand correctly: in the admin control panel under the section for "Topic Settings" "Check for Duplicates: Prevent users from posting duplicate topics." yes/no.

If enabled then Users get an error of "Please don't create duplicate topics" when editing their posts; and disabling that setting resolves the problem?

1. Is this a v3.0.0 upgrade from an older version?
2. Did you have 'show if edited by" enabled?
3. Were you able to duplicate the error (as admin or not)?

I was unable to reproduce the above on test installation! (New install v3.0.0 RC1, with and without 'show if edited enabled" and logged in as admin), I will attempt it again later with a dummy user account.

Re: "Please don't create duplicate topics" [message #160559 is a reply to message #160557] Tue, 29 September 2009 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Here is the fix: http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=12028
Re: "Please don't create duplicate topics" [message #160564 is a reply to message #160557] Tue, 29 September 2009 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking   
The Witcher wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 21:15
littleking wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 19:02

Outstanding!

So if I understand correctly: in the admin control panel under the section for "Topic Settings" "Check for Duplicates: Prevent users from posting duplicate topics." yes/no.

If enabled then Users get an error of "Please don't create duplicate topics" when editing their posts; and disabling that setting resolves the problem?

1. Is this a v3.0.0 upgrade from an older version?
2. Did you have 'show if edited by" enabled?
3. Were you able to duplicate the error (as admin or not)?

I was unable to reproduce the above on test installation! (New install v3.0.0 RC1, with and without 'show if edited enabled" and logged in as admin), I will attempt it again later with a dummy user account.

Yes, that is correct, If enabled then Users get an error of "Please don't create duplicate topics" when editing their posts; and disabling that setting resolves the problem?

1. yes, upgrade from 2.8
2. yes
3. yes
Re: "Please don't create duplicate topics" [message #160565 is a reply to message #160564] Tue, 29 September 2009 19:25 Go to previous message
littleking wrote on Tue, 29 September 2009 13:35
Yes, that is correct, If enabled then Users get an error of "Please don't create duplicate topics" when editing their posts; and disabling that setting resolves the problem?

1. yes, upgrade from 2.8
2. yes
3. yes

Thank you!

Naudefj provided a fix above which should fully resolve your problem, and make the feature available without problems.

I was curious about the details to better help me understand how the software works, since I was unable to replicate it in my test installation; so your answers help me understand it better.

Thanks again.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Forum Hacked?
Next Topic: Using SMTP server
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:57:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02450 seconds