FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Moved Messages and Subscriptions
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Moved Messages and Subscriptions [message #160573] Wed, 30 September 2009 17:00 Go to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States

Let's say a member is subscribed to forum X on my message board. Let's say the board editor moves a message from Y to X because it was posted in the wrong place. Will the subscriber receive the moved message?

Right now, I don't think that is happening. The moved message doesn't get sent out.

Is there any way to change that?
Re: Moved Messages and Subscriptions [message #160629 is a reply to message #160573] Wed, 07 October 2009 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
naudefj:

Any ideas on this one? You agree with me, correct, that a moved message will not be sent to the subscriber? That's the way the board works? (I'm wondering if it's just a bug on mine or perhaps with my email client).

If that is correct, then the only way to move it would be to write a php file that might do it (like piping the mail). And it is safe to assume that there is no such program hanging around here on the discussion board that someone else has already written (like popfud)?

Just trying to figure this one out.

(Thanks for all of your help!)
icon6.gif  Re: Moved Messages and Subscriptions [message #160631 is a reply to message #160629] Wed, 07 October 2009 18:47 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Depends on your settings:

There are settings in the control panel for "Smart notification" which should cause the system to send out only one notice rather than send a new notice every time someone comments (I believe that would include comments moved from one category to another), likewise the users decide if they are subscribed to a particular forum in its entirety or an individual thread and how their notifications are handled via their profile.

There is also an option for notifying all members regardless of settings.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: [solved] Restoring a FUDforum using the MySQL database
Next Topic: NNTP sync and user creation
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 01 22:45:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06996 seconds