FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » [solved (supposedly)] Make [TAGS] revertable/changable through theme
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
[solved (supposedly)] Make [TAGS] revertable/changable through theme [message #160605] Sat, 03 October 2009 22:41 Go to next message
qubodup is currently offline  qubodup   Germany
I have a bigger suggestion to make.
Currently, if you change the way [quote] is replaced in pre_reg.tmpl , this will screw up all old posts, when you try to edit or quote them.

I assume that data is kept as HTML in the database for performance reasons, however it would greatly increase the future-proof-ness of the forum software, if it was kept additionally with the [tags] preserved in another table.

This way each action would affect both these tables and the admin could use a "re-evaluate posts" function to update the posts to the most recent theme.

What do you think of this?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Sun, 04 October 2009 16:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Make [TAGS] revertable/changable through theme [message #160609 is a reply to message #160605] Sun, 04 October 2009 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Pre_reg.tmpl is the forum rules to which a user must agree prior to registering. Not sure how you relate it to [quote] tags.

Formatting and reverse formatting of quotes is hard coded in post_proc.tmpl and post_proc.inc.t.

FUDforum 3.0.0, for example, changes the quote tag's HTML. However, the old HTML is still recognized and converted to the new HTML when a message is edited.
Re: Make [TAGS] revertable/changable through theme [message #160612 is a reply to message #160609] Sun, 04 October 2009 16:50 Go to previous message
qubodup is currently offline  qubodup   Germany
[quote title=naudefj wrote on Sun, 04 October 2009 09:15]Pre_reg.tmpl is the forum rules to which a user must agree prior to registering. Not sure how you relate it to
Quote:
tags.

Formatting and reverse formatting of quotes is hard coded in post_proc.tmpl and post_proc.inc.t.
I confused the two template file names, sorry.

naudefj wrote on Sun, 04 October 2009 09:15
FUDforum 3.0.0, for example, changes the quote tag's HTML. However, the old HTML is still recognized and converted to the new HTML when a message is edited.

That's great! I should switch to 3.0.0 asap.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Pruning inactive users
Next Topic: RSS/RDF Feed Include Author of Message
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 08 10:08:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02486 seconds