FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Announcements » Welcome back fudforum.org! (Site restored after hardware failure)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Welcome back fudforum.org! [message #160847] Mon, 02 November 2009 18:17 Go to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The fudforum.org site is finally back on-line after being down for 5 days.

The problem was first reported by David, a Drupal user, on Oct 29, 2009 at 3:28 AM. David was looking for documentation on how to install the Drupal-FUDforum integration module and contacted me to ask what's happening.

A couple of minutes back Ilia reported that:
Quote:
We've had a faulty ram chip in the machine that caused apache and mysql to keep going into a loop, and made other parts of the system semi-stable. This is why the machine was up, but webserver was down. We've removed it for now, and are waiting for replacement to come-in.

It's good to know that the site makes a difference and that users miss it when it's not available. Thanks to Ilia and team for providing this service to the FUDforum community.
icon6.gif  Re: Welcome back fudforum.org! [message #160848 is a reply to message #160847] Mon, 02 November 2009 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
And thank you for keeping us filled in on what happened!

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Welcome back fudforum.org! [message #160853 is a reply to message #160847] Mon, 02 November 2009 22:35 Go to previous message
JanRei is currently offline  JanRei   
Contributing Core Developer
Translator
I wondered as well was going on. Thank you for the explanation. Good to see fudforum.org is now available again.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDforum 3.0.0 RC2 Released
Next Topic: FUDforum 3.0.0 Released
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:16:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02233 seconds