FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Announcements » FUDforum 3.0.0 Released
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
FUDforum 3.0.0 Released [message #160882] Thu, 05 November 2009 14:53 Go to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
We are pleased to finally announce FUDforum version 3 (big applause)!

After adding too many new features to mention here, fixing countless bugs, and working our way through two very successful release candidates, FUDforum version 3.0.0 is ready and available for download (from SourceForge.net, not the old download page!).

To get an overview of all the new and changed features, look at the 3.0.0 RC1 announcement, RC2 announcement, as well as the below list of changes since the RC2 release:

- Right to left interface for languages like Arabic.
- Command line upgrades and restores.
- Better IP-address detection (IPv6 compatible addresses will be accepted).
- Fix potential loop condition while loading mime encoded USENET posts.
- Add date to the forum's RDF feed
- Etc.

Note that any version 2 release of FUDforum can be upgraded to version 3.0.0. However, future versions may be required to first upgrade to this release, before they will be able to upgrade to subsequent releases.

Enjoy, but remember, successful forum administrators test and backup BEFORE they perform upgrades!

Frank
Re: FUDforum 3.0.0 Released [message #160895 is a reply to message #160882] Thu, 05 November 2009 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nozafc is currently offline  nozafc   
naudefj wrote on Thu, 05 November 2009 14:53
We are pleased to finally announce FUDforum version 3 (big applause)!

After adding too many new features to mention here, fixing countless bugs, and working our way through two very successful release candidates, FUDforum version 3.0.0 is ready and available for download (from SourceForge.net, not the old download page!).

To get an overview of all the new and changed features, look at the 3.0.0 RC1 announcement, RC2 announcement, as well as the below list of changes since the RC2 release:

- Right to left interface for languages like Arabic.
- Command line upgrades and restores.
- Better IP-address detection (IPv6 compatible addresses will be accepted).
- Fix potential loop condition while loading mime encoded USENET posts.
- Add date to the forum's RDF feed
- Etc.

Note that any version 2 release of FUDforum can be upgraded to version 3.0.0. However, future versions may be required to first upgrade to this release, before they will be able to upgrade to subsequent releases.

Enjoy, but remember, successful forum administrators test and backup BEFORE they perform upgrades!

Frank

Amen to that, test test and test again!! Laughing Laughing

Good work though , will begin testing tonight Smile
3.0.0 Impressions [message #160912 is a reply to message #160882] Fri, 06 November 2009 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
Hello everyone,

I just have to say, even though I've created a few threads about upgrading to 3.0.0, I must say that the new version is really nice.

It looks great and functions very well. It seems more responsive as well compared to 2.8.1. Could be just me, but it seems that way.

So nice job everyone!

James.
Re: 3.0.0 Impressions [message #160922 is a reply to message #160912] Fri, 06 November 2009 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nozafc is currently offline  nozafc   
A few people on my forum have said that it seemed quicker as well
Re: 3.0.0 Impressions [message #160931 is a reply to message #160922] Sat, 07 November 2009 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
We've applied several changes to make v3 faster, however, I didn't thought people would actually notice it. For example:

- Double quotes in GLOBALS.php and other files were replaced with single quotes.
- Queries for the forum's XML Feed were optimized.
- More work done at compile time instead of at run-time;
- Etc.
icon6.gif  Re: 3.0.0 Impressions [message #160994 is a reply to message #160931] Mon, 09 November 2009 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
naudefj wrote on Sat, 07 November 2009 03:54
We've applied several changes to make v3 faster, however, I didn't thought people would actually notice it.

We do notice naudefj, so far I think it is head and shoulders above all previous versions for a number of reasons not just speed......You all did good!!

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: 3.0.0 Impressions [message #161120 is a reply to message #160994] Sun, 15 November 2009 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
With the downloads hosted on SourceForge.net, one can clearly see how many copies of FUDforum are downloaded. For example, over the last two weeks since we released 3.0.0:

* 100 users downloaded the web installer;
* 40 users downloaded the upgrade script; and
* 13 users downloaded the command line installer.

Upgrade 2.8.1 -> 3.0.0 = easy [message #161166 is a reply to message #160882] Fri, 20 November 2009 20:11 Go to previous message
ToniCE is currently offline  ToniCE   Germany

Today i made the update to 3.0.0 and i was pleased to see, that i didn't have to do anything by hand. Everything went fine with no problems.

Thank you for this great forumsoftware! Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Welcome back fudforum.org!
Next Topic: Wikipedia coverage
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:23:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02329 seconds