FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Forum Seperators
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum Seperators [message #161126] Mon, 16 November 2009 16:16 Go to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
To help organise things even more it would be nice to be able to add separators between groups. It might help organise things a bit more.

James.
Re: Forum Seperators [message #161128 is a reply to message #161126] Mon, 16 November 2009 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You can already do it. Edit the template and add whatever you want between the groups.
Re: Forum Seperators [message #161150 is a reply to message #161128] Tue, 17 November 2009 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right, I meant in a way that wasn't so low-level. There is already a page to rearrange the order of the forums. It would be nice to have a seperator that you could add, subtract, and move around from the admin forum manager. No coding required.

James.
icon6.gif  Re: Forum Seperators [message #161195 is a reply to message #161150] Sun, 22 November 2009 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Try as I might I can't figure out what you refer to here as "Groups". As best I can figure it you are referring to individual forums as groups?

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Forum Seperators [message #161202 is a reply to message #161195] Mon, 23 November 2009 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, the terminology is a bit sloppy on my part. I did mean forums.

James.
Re: Forum Seperators [message #161217 is a reply to message #161202] Wed, 25 November 2009 09:13 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
jm2morri wrote on Mon, 23 November 2009 08:59
Sorry, the terminology is a bit sloppy on my part. I did mean forums.

James.

No need too apologize differences in terminology happen, how the terms are used and understood, by different people almost make that a certainty.

I was thinking that your Idea might work for some but not all because groups can span more than one forum or category which seems to defeat the purpose.

But if you are looking to just put separators (scrolls, bars etc) between the individual forums that is a different issue. I am working on a new holiday theme for X-Mas so while I am doing it I will see if there is an easy way to insert a separator via the CSS by inserting an image into the padding of the tables.

Don't know if it will work but will look see. I am fairly sure I saw some reference to doing that around here somewhere.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: This one will never fly but here it is anyway.
Next Topic: Quotations
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 09 10:50:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03953 seconds