FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » Wich is the best php editor
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Wich is the best php editor [message #12499] Sun, 10 August 2003 22:13 Go to next message
aircool5(at)bellsouth(dot)net is currently offline  aircool5(at)bellsouth(dot)net   United States
Wich is the best php editor to make changes at the : forum.css
take a look on the browser before save and upload it back?
Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #12629 is a reply to message #12499] Tue, 19 August 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gbjbaanb is currently offline  gbjbaanb   United Kingdom
any of them Smile

I view one of my forum pages, then (in IE at least), I 'view source' from the menu. I cut and paste all the html source into a html page sitting on my local pc (editing the path of the .css file to remove the url of the css file - so it is picked up from the current directory), copy the forum.css from the server to my local pc (get the directory right).

Then, you can edit the .css as much as you want, reload the locally-held html page, and it will show with the new css styles.

when you're happy, copy the .css to the server.

You might want to do the checks with several pages - the front page, a page of topics, and a user profile page for example, just to exercise all the css styles you're changing.
icon12.gif  Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #13389 is a reply to message #12499] Fri, 03 October 2003 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
humaneasy is currently offline  humaneasy   Portugal

aircool5(at)bellsouth(dot)net wrote on Sun, 10 August 2003 23:13

Wich is the best php editor to make changes at the : forum.css
take a look on the browser before save and upload it back?

Under GNU/Linux try the GPLed:

The last one works also with FreeBSD, MacOS-X, OpenBSD, Solaris and Tru64.

Under MS Windows try:

They have a FREE version and other non-FREE version (this is not even OpenSource).

Those are PHP Editors/Code Editors/WEB Editors that also allow you to work with CSS in a stylish way. Of course, there are a few CSS-only Editors around. Search in Google for "CSS Editor" Very Happy

Hope it helped Wink

Cool Lopo

HumanEasy - Future Internet Technologies
Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #13440 is a reply to message #12499] Mon, 13 October 2003 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
http://vim.sf.net/
Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #14115 is a reply to message #13440] Wed, 05 November 2003 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I use Anjuta for editing my php stuff. It's a pretty complete IDE for C/C++ including project/cvs management, as well as automatic generation of makefile stuff, but is able to show syntax highlightinng for a couple of languages, including perl, php, python, sql etc. Future versions will support project management for webstuff too, then it will be perfect for GNOME, but I'm already satisfied with it.

For Windoze land, however I wouldn't use maguma. The versions I saw were crappy stuff with faulty highlighting, sluggish behaviour and crashes every few minutes. Maybe they improved it meanwhile, but it left a poor impression considering that it's proprietary software.

Much better and Free Software (Qt public license) is PHPEdit. The recommended version is 0.8.0.25 (devel version). That's a nice feature complete IDE, however its default settings don't reveal its capacities, so you need to adjust them at first (ie. the settings for syntax highlighting, some unnecessary autocomplete/autoinsert stuff).

Olliver
Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #158405 is a reply to message #12499] Tue, 24 February 2009 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clod is currently offline  clod   Ukraine
see also new free PHP IDE - http://www.codelobster.com
Re: Which is the best php editor [message #158408 is a reply to message #158405] Tue, 24 February 2009 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Hi Stas,

Can you please add a FUDforum plug-in to Code Lobster? Alternatively, please let us know how to do it.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #158410 is a reply to message #12499] Tue, 24 February 2009 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clod is currently offline  clod   Ukraine
Hi.

What finctionality you would like to have with it?

Fudforum havn't Framework like Joomla or Drupal.
Therefore standart PHP autocomplete for working with code is good enough.

Thanks.
Stas.
Re: Which is the best php editor [message #158411 is a reply to message #158410] Tue, 24 February 2009 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Not sure what's possible. I just saw the plug-ins. And, FUDforum needs a bit of extra publicity.
Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #158422 is a reply to message #12499] Wed, 25 February 2009 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clod is currently offline  clod   United Kingdom
Hi.

Unfortunately we don't develop plug-ins for forums software.
We only do it for Content Management Systems and famous libraries.

Regards,
Stas.
Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #158425 is a reply to message #158422] Wed, 25 February 2009 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, FUDforum is one of a few forums (if not the only) with a decent API. It would be great if your solution can provide auto-complete for the available API functions.
Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #158428 is a reply to message #12499] Wed, 25 February 2009 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi.

Could you, please, send me the link to its API docs?
I can't find it on http://fudforum.org/doc/ Sad

Thanks.
Stas.
Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #158471 is a reply to message #158428] Thu, 26 February 2009 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
Lol. That's something that has been bothering me. Sure it has a great API, but you always need to ask for help with it and you get the answer, Check the fudapi source code.

Everything you need is there, except formal documentation, as far as I know. The fudapi.inc.php includes some nice comments.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 February 2009 21:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #158533 is a reply to message #12499] Mon, 02 March 2009 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi.

I have checked this page.
Bug, please, compare it with Joomla
http://api.joomla.org/
or Drupal API
http://api.drupal.org/api

Regards,
Stas.
Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #161133 is a reply to message #158533] Mon, 16 November 2009 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daspeac is currently offline  daspeac
I can advise, but, unfortunately, new members are not allowed to post links Smile
icon6.gif  Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #161139 is a reply to message #161133] Mon, 16 November 2009 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
daspeac wrote on Mon, 16 November 2009 11:41
I can advise, but, unfortunately, new members are not allowed to post links Smile

That's to help deter spammers, but you could spell things out without posting an actual link!

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #161140 is a reply to message #161139] Mon, 16 November 2009 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ja, spammers don't particularly like this feature. Needless to say, after 5 posts, he stared posing his SQL Server spam links. After his first post, I knew exactly how this was going to pan out.
icon6.gif  Re: Wich is the best php editor [message #161141 is a reply to message #161140] Mon, 16 November 2009 22:16 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
It is obvious they are not very intent on real participation trying to reach that magic goal.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: New forum style and functionality
Next Topic: adsense in the message
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 09 05:38:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03466 seconds