FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » XML Aggregation Refinements
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
XML Aggregation Refinements [message #161465] Mon, 28 December 2009 07:16 Go to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
Hello,

The XML aggregation is an interesting feature in 3.0.0 I'm investigating. However, what I find is that there are a lot of RSS feeds and the like about general topics around what I'm interested in but few specifically about.

To keep out the uninteresting topics, it would be useful to have a search phrase or some logic that would either import the XML message or reject it because it doesn't match.

Cheers,

James.
Re: XML Aggregation Refinements [message #161466 is a reply to message #161465] Mon, 28 December 2009 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Sounds like a good idea. I'll add it to my TODO list. No promises though.
Re: XML Aggregation Refinements [message #161467 is a reply to message #161465] Mon, 28 December 2009 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudidudi   
I would recommend http://pipes.yahoo.com - An interactive feed aggregator and manipulator webservice.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 December 2009 14:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: XML Aggregation Refinements [message #161468 is a reply to message #161467] Mon, 28 December 2009 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudidudi wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 09:48
I would recommend http://pipes.yahoo.com - An interactive feed aggregator and manipulator webservice.

Thanks for that suggestion. I had heard about pipes but didn't really understand what it can do. That is really powerful and I can make use of that. Doing some filtering in FUDforum aggregates would be useful and more direct but this is a good work around.

Cheers,

James.
Re: XML Aggregation Refinements [message #161469 is a reply to message #161468] Mon, 28 December 2009 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jm2morri wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 11:33
fudidudi wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 09:48

Thanks for that suggestion. I had heard about pipes but didn't really understand what it can do. That is really powerful and I can make use of that. Doing some filtering in FUDforum aggregates would be useful and more direct but this is a good work around.

OK, I think I figured out yahoo pipes (at least enough to get something) but I get the following errors and warnings when I try to run the sync'ing script. The RSS feed URL looks good. Maybe it doesn't like the "--" at the end of it?

-----

Fetching XML data from feed://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/person.info?_out=rss&display=pipes&eyu id=BJS_ZhY5pTFKEkCzXEflnA--
PHP Notice: DOMDocument::load(): Unable to find the wrapper "feed" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? in /var/data/fudforum_data/scripts/xmlagg.php on line 81
PHP Warning: DOMDocument::load(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity " feed://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/person.info?_out=rss&display=pipes&eyu id=BJS_ZhY5pTFKEkCzXEflnA--" in /var/data/fudforum_data/scripts/xmlagg.php on line 81
Done!
Re: XML Aggregation Refinements [message #161472 is a reply to message #161469] Mon, 28 December 2009 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Looks like PHP doesn't know what to do with the feed:// protocol.

Replace the feed:// with http:// and try again.
Re: XML Aggregation Refinements [message #161473 is a reply to message #161472] Mon, 28 December 2009 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 13:51
Looks like PHP doesn't know what to do with the feed:// protocol.

Replace the feed:// with http:// and try again.

I just saw that too and tried it and it seems to work. So there's a small thing to fix next time you're in that file Smile For now, this seems to work fine.

And the yahoo pipes is quite cool. It looks like this is a great partner with FUDForum XML aggregation.

Cheers,

James.
Re: XML Aggregation Refinements [message #161474 is a reply to message #161473] Mon, 28 December 2009 19:15 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
jm2morri het op Mon, 28 December 2009 21:03 geskryf:

I just saw that too and tried it and it seems to work. So there's a small thing to fix next time you're in that file Smile

Or maybe you can just setup PHP to support 'feed://' Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Synchronize Forum To An RSS Feed
Next Topic: Activity Statistics
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:21:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03969 seconds