FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » upgrade.php problem (can't seem to get it to go)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
upgrade.php problem [message #161821] Thu, 11 February 2010 01:26 Go to next message
WilliamBurns is currently offline  WilliamBurns   United States
I have 2.6.4 running. I downloaded the 3.0.0 upgrade to my PC, unzipped the upgrade.php file (with WinRAR), uploaded it via FTP to my forum folder, set the permissions to 777 and put the file name in my browser. Then, after backing up things, I hit enter on the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and ... nothing happened. The browser screen was blank, and it said "Done" in the status line. I have not seen anything in the apache logs to indicate that anything happened. Thankfully, 2.6.4 appears to still be intact.
I tried the same thing with IE8, and got a 500 error message.
I also uploaded the zip file to my web forum folder and ran the unzip command on it, then copied it to the proper spot and attempted to run it again. Same result. Nada!
Is there a list of basic settings I can check?
I feel like there must be something simple that somebody else must have run into
I have PHP 5.2.9, Mysql 5.0.75.
One other thing, I installed 2.6.1 many years ago on a small account, and was able to upgrade it to 2.6.4. A couple of years ago I moved the forum and the data and the database to the exact same paths on a larger account by copying all the files rather than by re-installing from scratch. I am a very happy user of FUDforum, but I seem to be stuck at step 1 of the upgrade process.
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161822 is a reply to message #161821] Thu, 11 February 2010 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Please try workaround - The installer shows a blank page or question marks? @ FAQ and let us know if it solves the problem.
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161827 is a reply to message #161822] Thu, 11 February 2010 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the clue.
Making the .htaccess change resulted in the FUDforum Upgrade Wizard screen showing (rather than a blank screen showing), but it reports the following fatal error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fud_sql_error_handler() (previously declared in /home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/upgrade.php:472) in /usr/local/forumdata/sql/mysql/db.inc on line 53

Any idea what this means? And what might be done about it?
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161839 is a reply to message #161827] Fri, 12 February 2010 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
WilliamBurns het op Thu, 11 February 2010 21:45 geskryf:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fud_sql_error_handler() (previously declared in /home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/upgrade.php:472) in /usr/local/forumdata/sql/mysql/db.inc on line 53

Any idea what this means? And what might be done about it?

Ja, that code was removed on 16 Aug 2005! Best would be to edit upgrade.php and remove the function completely.
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161845 is a reply to message #161839] Fri, 12 February 2010 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, now I get:
Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error in /home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/upgrade.php on line 894

Archive did not pass checksum test, CORRUPT ARCHIVE!
If you've encountered this error it means that you've:
downloaded a corrupt archive
uploaded the archive in ASCII and not BINARY mode
your FTP Server/Decompression software/Operating System added un-needed cartrige return ('\r') characters to the archive, resulting in archive corruption.

I commented three or four lines of function definition code at line 472, saved the file and uploaded it. When Dreamweaver didn't work, I tried again using an editor called ee on my unix server. I also tried downloading it (in binary) from the web server folder I unzipped it in, and then uploading it (in binary) to the web root. All resulted in the above reaction. Should I instead be removing the code from db.inc? Will that give me the same sort of checksum hassle?
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161847 is a reply to message #161845] Sat, 13 February 2010 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
WilliamBurns wrote:
Should I instead be removing the code from db.inc? Will that give me the same sort of checksum hassle?

Sounds sensible. Db.inc doesn't check for a checksum like the upgrade script does. After all, db.inc is required for a single authentication query, after which it will be overwritten with the latest version anyway.
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161877 is a reply to message #161847] Mon, 15 February 2010 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you. in terms of removing code from db.inc, is it straightforward (meaning: do I edit out the routine from db.inc, save the file, and then run the upgrade script)? Or do ai have to rebuild something after editing db.inc and before running the upgrade script?
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161878 is a reply to message #161877] Mon, 15 February 2010 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
My guess: edit out the routine from db.inc, save the file, and then run the upgrade script.
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161887 is a reply to message #161878] Wed, 17 February 2010 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow! I made the db.inc change and the update began to run. I must have had dozens of file permissions issues, but it ran all the way to apparent completion. Two issues:
1. The forum does not display its home page, giving instead the 500 error message.

I assume this may be because:

2. The upgrade script generated hundreds of warning messages as it ran. I saved them off into a file, but here are the first few:

Beginning the file upgrade process.
Beginning to decompress the archive.

Warning:

copy(/usr/local/forumdata/errors/.backup/.htaccess_60d1a1e3c3bc7b7a5c8de4f9 e0dc624e

_1266371237) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in

/home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/upgrade.php on line 604

Warning:

copy(/usr/local/forumdata/errors/.backup/locale_979ae658d83bd4ee7199eaba46f eec36_12

66371237) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in

Warning:

copy(/usr/local/forumdata/errors/.backup/msg_958758ed6b763df40e3ccc8c3cca2e 06_12663

71237) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in

Warning:

copy(/usr/local/forumdata/errors/.backup/locale_8ed1bbad369e290ffcc110d6449 54d0c_12

66371237) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in

and the last few.

SQL Upgrades Complete.

Adding GLOBAL Variables.
Compiling theme default.

Warning: fopen(/home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/feed.php) [function.fopen]:

failed to open stream: Permission denied in

/usr/local/forumdata/include/compiler.inc on line 495
Couldn't write to /home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/feed.php

I hoope this is something simple, or that I can simply run the upgrade again, but I first want to ask for help... It looks like it is close to working.
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161892 is a reply to message #161887] Wed, 17 February 2010 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to fix the file permissions and re-run the upgrade script.
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161896 is a reply to message #161892] Wed, 17 February 2010 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I adjusted the permissions and the upgrade script appears to have run. However, when I try to get into any of the discussions, I instead get:

UNABLE TO WRITE TO SQL LOG FILE
(/home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/index.php:78
/home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/index.php:138
/home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/theme/default/thread.php:179
/home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/index.php:1223
) 1146: Table 'rpimysql.fud261_tv_16' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT seq FROM fud261_tv_16 ORDER BY seq DESC LIMIT 1
_GET: array ( 't' => 'thread', 'frm_id' => '16', 'rid' => '2', 'S' => 'd6d03ff024b2e015d0b285d878c6e7a0', )
Server Version: 5.0.45
[Referring Page] http://www.rpinet.com/wforum/index.php?S=d6d03ff024b2e015d0b285d878c6e7a0

Sure enough, there is no table with the name given in the message. What would you recommend?
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161897 is a reply to message #161896] Wed, 17 February 2010 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Let me guess, you haven't done a consistency check as you are supposed to?
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161898 is a reply to message #161897] Wed, 17 February 2010 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your patience and expertise. After running a consistency check, I am upgraded and it works like a charm. In my defense, the prompt toward the end of the upgrade script led me to believe that by clicking on the link offered I WAS running a consistency check. This is an amazing system, and your support is fantastic.
Re: upgrade.php problem [message #161909 is a reply to message #161898] Sat, 20 February 2010 00:49 Go to previous message
One last problem. On my old 2.6.4 version I modified header.tmpl and footer.tmpl to read in graphics and text to "sandwich" the forum. I made those modifications in version 3.0.0, and it "almost works." The forum runs smoothly, but the graphic context is a bit screwed up. I'm pretty sure the trouble is being caused by the css info. I vaguely remember, several years ago, having to modify or maybe add some css to make it work. Of course the css seems to be much more complex (and I am NOT getting any smarter). Is there a way I can get a clue as to which css specs are overiding my non-css html info. You can see what is happening by looking at www.rpinet.com/wforum and comparing it with the way the graphic context looks at www.rpinet.com.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Memory issues when installing
Next Topic: Problems upgrading forum to latest SVN release
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 03:00:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02964 seconds