FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » LDAP plugin changes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
LDAP plugin changes [message #161976] Tue, 02 March 2010 23:12 Go to next message
wsaxon is currently offline  wsaxon   United States
Hello,

Apologies in advance if this has already been addressed.

I just tried to use FUDforum 3.0 with the LDAP plugin against a Windows 2003 Active Directory. It does not work out of the box.

I identified two problems:

1. The plugin does not use the LDAP_UID ini parameter when checking the login variable against the LDAP results - it assumes the attribute is 'uid', which is not usually valid for Active Directory LDAP servers.

2. Case sensitivity is a problem in two places.

First, ldap_get_entries makes all the array keys lowercase, so if 'uid' is replaced with $ini['LDAP_UID'] as suggested above, and $ini['LDAP_UID'] is not all lowercase, it wont work.

Second, while Windows is case insensitive, Active Directory stores case in the account name. So if someone's account is set up as 'UserName', they won't be able to log in as 'username'. I don't think this is FUDforum's problem, but it would be nice if FUDforum offered an option to treat login names as case insensitive.

I have attached a diff of changes I made to address the above on my installation.

Re: LDAP plugin changes [message #161984 is a reply to message #161976] Wed, 03 March 2010 16:55 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
wsaxon wrote:
I have attached a diff of changes I made to address the above on my installation.

Thanks! I've committed a variation of your patch, see details at
http://fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fudforum?view=rev&revision=4 918
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Subscribe to Users
Next Topic: Bridging FUDFORUM and ELGG social community
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:45:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02363 seconds