FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Trouble implementing XML Aggregation
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon6.gif  Trouble implementing XML Aggregation [message #162039] Tue, 16 March 2010 00:01 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
In the Job Administration System it asks for :
Quote:
PHP CLI Executable:
Full path to the command line PHP executable on your system. This command will be used to execute batch scripts.

So just what is the "PHP CLI Executable" and where do I find the correct path to it?

Using : 0 * * * * /home/.server/user_name/FUDforum_forum/scripts/xmlagg.php 1 returns ERROR: Command line PHP executable not found:

I believe I have all other information input correctly.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Trouble implementing XML Aggregation [message #162041 is a reply to message #162039] Tue, 16 March 2010 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to enter /full/path/to/php or c:/full/path/to/php.exe on Windows.
icon6.gif  Re: Trouble implementing XML Aggregation [message #162054 is a reply to message #162041] Tue, 16 March 2010 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried on a different installation using a known good path to php.ini, Job Administration System accepted it but Job output (last run) error log reports:
"sh: /home/user1/public_html/php.ini: Permission denied"

I will try again tomorrow.

Re: Trouble implementing XML Aggregation [message #162057 is a reply to message #162054] Tue, 16 March 2010 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
People normally put the PHP executable on the first line of the scripts they execute from the command line. For example:

/usr/local/bin/php

If you don't know the path, please ask your hosting provider.
icon6.gif  Re: Trouble implementing XML Aggregation [message #162059 is a reply to message #162057] Tue, 16 March 2010 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay Naudefj, I've already asked them and am waiting for a reply, last time I dealt with them trying to increase the size of the PHP.ini max upload size we found that they somehow use one shared PHP.ini file for their server so it's an issue I'll need to work through with them.

I am now using my own host's server which has its own PHP.ini file to work through this and figure it out step by step. My biggest problem being my own lack of knowledge and complete understanding of the terms used.

I will work this out on the guild and keep you informed of my progress, hopefully I can get it together step by step in a way that other amateurs such as my self can use.

In the meantime can you tell me what the "sh:" in the error message means?
I am thinking it refers to shell.

Quote:
sh: /home/user1/public_html/php.ini: Permission denied

Re: Trouble implementing XML Aggregation [message #162072 is a reply to message #162059] Wed, 17 March 2010 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The Witcher wrote:
In the meantime can you tell me what the "sh:" in the error message means?

sh is the Bourne shell - telling you that you cannot run an ini file.
Re: Trouble implementing XML Aggregation [message #162078 is a reply to message #162072] Wed, 17 March 2010 20:36 Go to previous message
Thanks that helps a lot to clarify things; I found that the host I was using when I received that error requires a separate registration for shell access (which requires a picture ID???) but I jumped through the hoops and got it done.

Though the correct path on that host is: /home/my_username/public_html/php.ini

But the error remains the same "permission denied", so it appears that aside from my own lack of knowledge I am also dealing with the differences in how my hosts are configured and work doing the same thing.

One allows me to assign shell access manually to users but uses shared PHP settings which requires that I create a custom PHP.ini file (Not supported by the Host) on my own, while the 2nd host provides and supports PHP.ini but is very stringent on assigning shell access.

So I guess I will start all over again,

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: how many messages?
Next Topic: Linking to another post within a thread?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:16:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02531 seconds