FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Some small issues (XHTML header, undefined variable, check of confirmation password)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Some small issues [message #162151] Fri, 26 March 2010 23:01 Go to next message
JanRei is currently offline  JanRei   
Contributing Core Developer
Translator
  1. The language referenced in the XHTML header is not correct in my installation. I have chosen to install the forum in German, but directly after install I get this: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
    And after rebuilding of the theme it's empty: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="" xml:lang="">

I do not understand the issue completely yet, but it seems related to use of pspell_lang for this. My PHP installation does not have pspell support enabled. Maybe we could use the language code instead?

2. I get a notice that the variable $login in include\theme\default\adm_acc.inc is not defined. The login name would be available in $GLOBALS['r']->login.

3. The check of the confirmation password does not work correctly for me. As far as I know $('#foobar') looks for the element with id "foobar", but the input element has no id at the moment. So it should work if we add a corresponding id. Or alternatively the JavaScript can be modified like this:
    -	if ($(password2).attr("value") != $('#'+ password1).attr('value')) {
    +	if ($(password2).attr("value") != $('[name='+password1+']').attr('value')) {

Re: Some small issues [message #162156 is a reply to message #162151] Sat, 27 March 2010 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
JanRei wrote:
The language referenced in the XHTML header is not correct in my installation. I have chosen to install the forum in German, but directly after install I get this: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
And after rebuilding of the theme it's empty: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="" xml:lang="">

I do not understand the issue completely yet, but it seems related to use of pspell_lang for this. My PHP installation does not have pspell support enabled. Maybe we could use the language code instead?

In v3.0.0 pspell_lang was the only language code we had. However, as you've indicated, we can use lang in v3.0.1. Please change it in compiler.inc and commit (look for case 'LANG':).

JanRei wrote:
I get a notice that the variable $login in include\theme\default\adm_acc.inc is not defined. The login name would be available in $GLOBALS['r']->login.

Well spotted, you can fix it in adm_acc.inc.t by adding a "$login = ...".

JanRei wrote:
The check of the confirmation password does not work correctly for me. As far as I know $('#foobar') looks for the element with id "foobar", but the input element has no id at the moment. So it should work if we add a corresponding id. Or alternatively the JavaScript can be modified like this:
-	if ($(password2).attr("value") != $('#'+ password1).attr('value')) {
+	if ($(password2).attr("value") != $('[name='+password1+']').attr('value')) {

You are welcome to add ID's (if I missed any). The JQuery code is fine as-is.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Some small issues [message #162168 is a reply to message #162151] Sun, 28 March 2010 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Translator
I have just committed the changes.

But I had the impression that $GLOBALS['__COMPILER__']['lang'] is better for resolving of LANG. According to my tests $GLOBALS['usr']->lang would contain the current language of the administrator who initiated the compilation which didn't seem right to me.
Re: Some small issues [message #162173 is a reply to message #162168] Mon, 29 March 2010 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, the code looks all good.
Re: Some small issues [message #162174 is a reply to message #162173] Mon, 29 March 2010 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Translator
Great, I hoped these issues could be fixed in 3.0.1.

By the way, I will be offline for the next two weeks.
Re: Some small issues [message #162181 is a reply to message #162174] Tue, 30 March 2010 19:01 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, they will definitely be in the final release. Thanks for all your help so far.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Messages are garbled after mporting from backup
Next Topic: Minimize message icon appears twice?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 10:02:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02745 seconds