FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Can you wrap text around an image? (RESOLVED)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon6.gif  Can you wrap text around an image? (RESOLVED) [message #162201] Fri, 02 April 2010 09:03 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Has anyone figured out how to wrap text around an image within posts? Or is it still on the wish list? The last mention I found on it was in 2005 http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=15641&&srch=text +wrap+around+image#msg_15641

I'm certain you can do so within the announcement manager using html, but don't see how it can be done in regular posts using BBcode.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"

[Updated on: Tue, 20 July 2010 19:32]

Report message to a moderator

icon6.gif  Re: Can you wrap text around an image? [message #162228 is a reply to message #162201] Sat, 10 April 2010 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having no answers yet I continue my search, naudefj may have inadvertently provided a partial answer at http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=162225&#msg_162225 "Instructions on how to write your own plugins"

Which reads in part:Quote:
All BBCode plugins should have functions for both BBCODE2HTML (convert the tag to HTML) and HTML2BBCODE (convert the HTML back to a tag).

Although that information is still somewhat over my head it would seem to indicate to me that it would be possible to write a plugin which would allow word wrapping around images.

At the very least its food for thought, and a place to start.

icon6.gif  Re: Can you wrap text around an image? [message #162816 is a reply to message #162228] Tue, 20 July 2010 19:31 Go to previous message
Ernesto appears to have provided the answer to this problem via the use of the BBtags (imgl and imgr), which I was unaware of.

See: http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=119362&goto=162815& ;amp ;#msg_162815

[Updated on: Tue, 20 July 2010 19:32]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Inline image attachments
Next Topic: Controlling Word-Wrapping on Piped Email
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:47:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04795 seconds