FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Password Retrieval and global settings changes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Password Retrieval and global settings changes [message #162264] Mon, 19 April 2010 12:38 Go to next message
tinkuforyou is currently offline  tinkuforyou   India
Hai All,

I was searching for a good forum application and i found this one and i installed this forum application in my system.

i have following doubts in this forum :-

1) When i update the cookie settings from admin control panel how do i need to retrieve it. i update the cookie settings by typo i typed spelling wrongly , now i am not able to login as the admin ,when ever i login again it is prompting for the password , i think these changes are due to the cookie settings which i did ?
I am not able do any thing Rolling Eyes

2) where are the global settings changed by the admin are stored.

3) How can see the password of a user i am seeing some encrypted text , how should i decode to the actual text?

Waiting for ur response ...

Thanks
Manoj

Thanks
Manoj
Re: Password Retrieval and global settings changes [message #162265 is a reply to message #162264] Mon, 19 April 2010 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
1 & 2) All settings are stored in include/GLOBALS.php. You can edit it with a text editor.

3) Unfortunately you cannot. We use one-way encryption and there is no way to get the actual password back.

Best of luck!

Frank

Re: Password Retrieval and global settings changes [message #162266 is a reply to message #162265] Mon, 19 April 2010 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tinkuforyou is currently offline  tinkuforyou   
Thanks for replying frank

1) and 2) I am not able to see the new changes which i did , it is showing up the previous one , i think the settings which i give while installing the fudforum application

3) ok ,thanks

Thanks
Manoj

Thanks
Manoj
Re: Password Retrieval and global settings changes [message #162267 is a reply to message #162266] Mon, 19 April 2010 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What do you mean by "not able to see the new changes"? Can you change the settings with a normal text editor? After manual changes, you will have to reload the ACP to load the new settings.
Re: Password Retrieval and global settings changes [message #162271 is a reply to message #162267] Tue, 20 April 2010 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Earlier i changed the settings from Admin control panel, for ex :- if i am acessing the site with the following url let say "www.abcdefgh.com" then i gave the cookie settings as "abdfgh.com"(mispelled with the domain name) so when i login to the site then cookies are creating for the site which i gave i.e "abdfgh.com" but my domain name is "www.abcdefgh.com" so it is not able to authenicate the user with the valid username and password.

Now i am unable as admin too. because of that i have to change this cookie settings from the backend.

Could any let us know where i need to change this cookie settings so that i will able to login ..

Thanks
Manoj

Thanks
Manoj
Re: Password Retrieval and global settings changes [message #162273 is a reply to message #162271] Tue, 20 April 2010 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Sorry, but I still don't understand why this is such a big issue. You you have a text editor? Can you edit GLOBALS.php? Can you see the $COOKIE_DOMAIN variable in it?
Re: Password Retrieval and global settings changes [message #162274 is a reply to message #162273] Tue, 20 April 2010 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I the Global.php present in the include folder previous value is present , earlier it was "manojkumar.com" then i changed it to "www.abcdefgh.com" from the admin control panel.

But in the global.php it is showing has the "manojkumar.com" so which one should i change

Thanks
Manoj
Re: Password Retrieval and global settings changes [message #162276 is a reply to message #162274] Tue, 20 April 2010 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot naudefj for ur response , could you please comment on the above issue ??

Waiting for your response

Thanks
Manoj
Re: Password Retrieval and global settings changes [message #162280 is a reply to message #162276] Tue, 20 April 2010 18:11 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
You should be able to change the value from either the ACP or GLOBALS.php file and it should stick. If not, you may have bigger issues.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Can forum be set up to disallow sig lines until XX number of posts (or mod approval)?
Next Topic: Allowing only particular domain email registrations
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 23:51:01 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02392 seconds