FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Can forum be set up to disallow sig lines until XX number of posts (or mod approval)? (signature lines)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Can forum be set up to disallow sig lines until XX number of posts (or mod approval)? [message #162268] Mon, 19 April 2010 19:02 Go to next message
forumstudent is currently offline  forumstudent   United States
I'd like to set up my forum such that new users cannot place signatures under their postings - until after they have been posting for a while (maybe 20 posts then automatically allow then to use sig lines).

Is this feature built into fud forums?

One other feature we need is to be able to allow postings freely in all forums except certain specified sections/forums - but have it require moderator approval before becoming live for those special sections/forums. I'd like for *any* board member however to be able to post a reply once the first posting's approved. Is this a feature of fud, also?

Re: Can forum be set up to disallow sig lines until XX number of posts (or mod approval)? [message #162269 is a reply to message #162268] Mon, 19 April 2010 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
home.poker.friends wrote:
I'd like to set up my forum such that new users cannot place signatures under their postings - until after they have been posting for a while (maybe 20 posts then automatically allow then to use sig lines).

Unfortunately not. However, you can globally enable/disable signatures (see signature settings in the ACP). It would be great if you can prepare a patch for us...

The "Messages Before Allowing Links" setting may also help as it also applies to signatures.

One other feature we need is to be able to allow postings freely in all forums except certain specified sections/forums - but have it require moderator approval before becoming live for those special sections/forums. I'd like for *any* board member however to be able to post a reply once the first posting's approved. Is this a feature of fud, also?

You can mark a forum as "moderated" in the Forum Manager.

Also see "Moderate user's first N messages" in the ACP.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Can forum be set up to disallow sig lines until XX number of posts (or mod approval)? [message #162270 is a reply to message #162269] Mon, 19 April 2010 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forumstudent is currently offline  forumstudent   United States
naudefj wrote on Mon, 19 April 2010 13:06

Unfortunately not. However, you can globally enable/disable signatures (see signature settings in the ACP). It would be great if you can prepare a patch for us...

I will have to learn a new programming language. It has been many years since I programmed in pascal. lol... What version of php is this written in, and is the code well laid out and documented ?

Thanks for the tip: "Moderate user's first N messages" in the ACP.

Brett
Re: Can forum be set up to disallow sig lines until XX number of posts (or mod approval)? [message #162272 is a reply to message #162270] Tue, 20 April 2010 05:47 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I will have to learn a new programming language. It has been many years since I programmed in pascal. lol... What version of php is this written in, and is the code well laid out and documented?

FUDforum is written in PHP5. Some of it is well documented and some isn't. You are welcome to add comments as you work your way through the code.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Linking to another post within a thread?
Next Topic: Password Retrieval and global settings changes
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:29:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05309 seconds