FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » PHP discussions » Error uploading attachment
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon6.gif  Error uploading attachment [message #162302] Thu, 22 April 2010 05:53 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Error uploading attachment
v3.0.0 when uploading a 9mb (video file) attachment receive "A system error has occurred"

System's configuration says Maximum file upload size: 11M, Category & Forum Management says Max Attachment Size is 11264kb

Error log reads: [22-Apr-2010 03:06:34] PHP Warning: POST Content-Length of 9721812 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0

Tech support says PHP.ini is correct.

Changing PHP.ini to 15mb repeats the same error and error log entry as above, even though System's configuration properly reflects the change to 15mb.

Reducing attachment size to less than 8mb works OK.

Tried uploading same 9mb attachment to an un-used version 3.0.1RC1 install on a different host, with a 10mb php.ini limit ....same problem
[21-Apr-2010 22:55:26] PHP Warning: POST Content-Length of 9721536 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0

Up graded that install to v3.0.1 and tried again, same error!

Is there a reason FUDforum will not allow attachments to exceed the limit of 8388608 bytes?

I thought certain I had attached larger files in the past, but that would have been pre-3.0.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Error uploading attachment [message #162303 is a reply to message #162302] Thu, 22 April 2010 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
PHP is complaining, indicating that it is a PHP and not a FUDforum problem.

What PHP.ini parameter did they increase? I bet it was the wrong one. Possibly post_max_size instead of upload_max_filesize?
icon6.gif  Re: Error uploading attachment [message #162304 is a reply to message #162303] Thu, 22 April 2010 08:45 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
naudefj wrote on Thu, 22 April 2010 01:51
PHP is complaining, indicating that it is a PHP and not a FUDforum problem.

What PHP.ini parameter did they increase? I bet it was the wrong one. Possibly post_max_size instead of upload_max_filesize?

BINGO! Or at least close enough for the brass ring. The PHP.ini file on the 1st host showed: Quote:
; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
post_max_size = 8M

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 15M

edited post_max_size to = 15mb and attachment worked as advertised!

2nd host was the same situation. Apparently when I asked them to raise the php limits they changed only the max_ file_size but not the post_max_size and I over looked it as well when lowering it.

Thanks!

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Errors
Next Topic: PHPBB3 v3.0.6 Styles Issue
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 16:41:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02340 seconds