FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » PDF and code page
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
PDF and code page [message #33782] Thu, 21 September 2006 13:54 Go to next message
kroku is currently offline  kroku   Poland
I use polish language by default. It's code page is ISO-8859-2 . What code page is used while creating pdf files Question I ask because in pdf files instead of normal polish national signs there are some rubbish. Like it be Latin1 or Windows-1250. I don't know exactly but something is mixed in it. How to repair it Question
Re: PDF and code page [message #33791 is a reply to message #33782] Thu, 21 September 2006 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
The PDF generation code does not set any character sets.

FUDforum Core Developer
Odp: Re: PDF and code page [message #33838 is a reply to message #33791] Sat, 23 September 2006 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK. However I need a solution, your answer doesn't solve the problem. How to repair it. What to do it works correctly?
I've made sample image...

[Updated on: Sat, 23 September 2006 10:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Odp: Re: PDF and code page [message #33844 is a reply to message #33838] Sat, 23 September 2006 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
To display Polish text you need to add a Font with Polish localization. The instructions for adding such a font can be found here:
http://www.fpdf.de/tutorials/7/

Once you do that adjust fpdf.inc in the include directory to use that font.

FUDforum Core Developer
Odp: Re: Odp: Re: PDF and code page [message #33854 is a reply to message #33844] Sun, 24 September 2006 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, thanks for help. I'll try it as soon as i've a while. I hope it'll work fine Smile
Odp: PDF and code page [message #35670 is a reply to message #33782] Tue, 30 January 2007 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I tried to do this but... fudforum it totally incompatible with this method. It made data for $fpdf_charwidths but you deleted everything needed to include, use and put fonts into pdf file from <font_name>.z file. So if I can't include fonts into pdf how can I set fonts codepage to cp1250 Question

orginal file from http://www.fpdf.de/downloads/ deosn't works with fudforum

So I think the best solution is making pdf files in unicode encoding. All signs from all languages will be 'redable'. And pdf files should use unicode fonts like arial or times because almost everybody has them installed.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 January 2007 17:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Odp: PDF and code page [message #162442 is a reply to message #35670] Tue, 11 May 2010 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
picklock is currently offline  picklock   
Does anyone know the working solution to that problem?

Adding new fonts and encoding support tutorial sequence fails,
because AddFont() function (and maybe some other..) of original FPDF library was stripped from FUDforum fpdf.inc

It seems like someone need to completely redo integration of FPDF library Crying or Very Sad
Re: Odp: PDF and code page [message #162443 is a reply to message #162442] Tue, 11 May 2010 18:26 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You are welcome to add the missing functions and submit a patch. That's the only way this will ever get done.

Best regards.

Frank
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: NNTP Issue (New User)
Next Topic: Question about private messages
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 10 15:53:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02476 seconds