FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Need some help about phpbb and chat room software......
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Need some help about phpbb and chat room software...... [message #162988] Wed, 15 September 2010 09:20 Go to next message
Friday is currently offline  Friday
I want to add phpbb and a chat room on my site but is not sure which version is better. phpbb2 or phpbb3?

And for the chat, i was told to buy the guy that 123flashchat is not bad and it runs with phpbb well. He's really using it now. And everything works greatly, but i'm not sure, for my friend does not use phpbb.

Please tell me if you're using 123flashchat or any other recommend, thank you so much!

[Updated on: Fri, 17 September 2010 06:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need some help about phpbb and chat room software...... [message #162999 is a reply to message #162988] Wed, 15 September 2010 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Do you mean FUDforum? We don't really do phpBB around here.
Re: Need some help about phpbb and chat room software...... [message #163006 is a reply to message #162999] Thu, 16 September 2010 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Oh, sorry for this, then could some one who is good at this help me? I know there are many masters here. Thanks!
icon6.gif  Re: Need some help about phpbb and chat room software...... [message #163042 is a reply to message #163006] Mon, 20 September 2010 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Friday wrote on Wed, 15 September 2010 20:39

Oh, sorry for this, then could some one who is good at this help me? I know there are many masters here. Thanks!

Try FUDforum 3.0.1 in conjunction with jabber chat.....(I recommend PSI as the jabber client) You will need to ensure that your host is jabber capable!

This would allow your users to not only have a forum but a private chat function tied to your domain

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Need some help about phpbb and chat room software...... [message #163087 is a reply to message #163042] Sat, 25 September 2010 00:46 Go to previous message
Thank you so much for your recommend. Smile

I have added phpbb3 and tried the 123 flashchat free edition,
with the phpbb2 &phpbb3 chat module(they are Free, too).
Everything goes greatly till now!

[Updated on: Sat, 25 September 2010 00:54]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Free Internet Forum Software
Next Topic: [Ad] Need help with installing? I can help
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 10 09:36:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04945 seconds