FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Upgrade problem after upgrade (2.8.1 => 3.0.0 => 3.0.1)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Upgrade problem after upgrade [message #163356] Thu, 21 October 2010 14:59 Go to next message
Anonymous   Czech Republic
Hi there,

I recently updated a small FUDForum from version 2.8.0 to 3.0.0 and then instantly to 3.0.1 right by the Wiki, backed up the DB, upgraded, no problems.

After the upgrade I wanted to change back the logo, though, and upon rebuilding the theme I got an error:
"Please fix your theme: Unable to open file db.inc.t."

I checked and indeed - the file seems missing. I tried Googling, but all I could find was one thread on these forums, but even that seems a bit different (can't link it because of the limit post)

Any insight on what could have caused this and how to best fix it?
Re: Upgrade problem after upgrade [message #163358 is a reply to message #163356] Thu, 21 October 2010 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
if (($file_data = file_get_contents($GLOBALS['DATA_DIR'] .'src/'. $source)) === false) {
   throw new Exception('Unable to open file '. $GLOBALS['DATA_DIR'] .'src/'. $source .'.');

Check if DATA_DIR in your GLABALS.php file is valid.
Check if you have a file called $GLOBALS['DATA_DIR'] .'src/db.inc.t' and if it is readable.
Re: Upgrade problem after upgrade [message #163360 is a reply to message #163358] Thu, 21 October 2010 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   Czech Republic
naudefj wrote on Thu, 21 October 2010 21:25
if (($file_data = file_get_contents($GLOBALS['DATA_DIR'] .'src/'. $source)) === false) {
   throw new Exception('Unable to open file '. $GLOBALS['DATA_DIR'] .'src/'. $source .'.');

Check if DATA_DIR in your GLABALS.php file is valid.
Check if you have a file called $GLOBALS['DATA_DIR'] .'src/db.inc.t' and if it is readable.

As I wrote before - the file is missing completely.

DATA_DIR seems okay, though.
Re: Upgrade problem after upgrade [message #163361 is a reply to message #163360] Thu, 21 October 2010 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
In that case this didn't work:
copy($GLOBALS['DATA_DIR'] .'sql/'. $GLOBALS['DBHOST_DBTYPE'] .'/db.inc', $GLOBALS['DATA_DIR'] .'src/db.inc.t');

What is your DBHOST_DBTYPE? Do you have a db.inc in your sql/DBHOST_DBTYPE directory?
Re: Upgrade problem after upgrade [message #163362 is a reply to message #163361] Thu, 21 October 2010 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nya-chan Production is currently offline  Nya-chan Production   Czech Republic

naudefj wrote on Thu, 21 October 2010 22:43
In that case this didn't work:
copy($GLOBALS['DATA_DIR'] .'sql/'. $GLOBALS['DBHOST_DBTYPE'] .'/db.inc', $GLOBALS['DATA_DIR'] .'src/db.inc.t');

What is your DBHOST_DBTYPE? Do you have a db.inc in your sql/DBHOST_DBTYPE directory?

DBHOST_DBYTPE is 'mysql' and my db.inc indeed seems missing - I also forgot that I was recently moving the forums - it's probably because of a bad type of the database set, right? ^^;;
Re: Upgrade problem after upgrade [message #163363 is a reply to message #163362] Fri, 22 October 2010 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I'm glad we've got to the bottom of it. Smile

PS: Sorry for deleting your account yesterday. I was chasing a spammer and it looks like I've deleted the wrong user. Embarassed
Re: Upgrade problem after upgrade [message #163364 is a reply to message #163356] Fri, 22 October 2010 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay, I've checked on the server and it seems they have MySQL and PostgreSQL on it, so it should've run alright.

Where could have been other wrong settings, if I may ask once more?

P.S.: No problem, I was quite confused by the system and didn't realize I made like five posts in a row ^^;;;
Re: Upgrade problem after upgrade [message #163365 is a reply to message #163364] Sat, 23 October 2010 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Not sure I understand the question.
All settings are in GLOBALS.php.
For example, $DBHOST_DBTYPE = 'mysql'; will use the driver in sql/mysql/db.inc.
Re: Upgrade problem after upgrade [message #163366 is a reply to message #163365] Sat, 23 October 2010 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay, I went through it again and as I understood it, it should have copied db.inc as db.inc.t into src folder. Tried that manually, but every time I rebuild theme it deletes the file from the folder.

I am sure I am missing something very simple, so excuse me, please, but I can't find it ^^;;
Re: Upgrade problem after upgrade [message #163369 is a reply to message #163366] Sat, 23 October 2010 19:21 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Please look at the code in compiler.inc.
The line directly above the copy is a delete.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Registration with URL messages not going out
Next Topic: Admin Control Panel won't work after install
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 12 12:38:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02627 seconds