FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Default login
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Default login [message #163585] Wed, 10 November 2010 13:43 Go to next message
nimbusgb is currently offline  nimbusgb
Got my installation up ( needed to manually change the config file to get rid of the 127.0.0.1 default web address.

What is the default administrators login? Cant seem to find it in the documentation.
icon6.gif  Re: Default login [message #163587 is a reply to message #163585] Wed, 10 November 2010 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Do you mean the admin panel login?

http://domainname.path/adm/admloginuser.php

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Default login [message #163588 is a reply to message #163587] Wed, 10 November 2010 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes that's the one.

there wasn't one prompted for when I ran the installation.
icon6.gif  Re: Default login [message #163589 is a reply to message #163588] Wed, 10 November 2010 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a default on installation, it was 2 years before I realized it was there so you are not alone.

Re: Default login [message #163590 is a reply to message #163589] Wed, 10 November 2010 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhhhh but does anyone know what it is??????
icon6.gif  Re: Default login [message #163592 is a reply to message #163590] Wed, 10 November 2010 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by Quote:
does anyone know what it is??????

"The Admin Control Panel allows forum administrators to adjust all of the forum's aspects and to manage their forums." http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Category:Admin_Control_Panel

If your forum is disabled in the Admin Control Panel > Primary Forum Options > Forum Enabled: only administrators may log into the forum through the admin panel.

The Login: and Password: will be the same as you set for the admin during installation (or for any others assigned admin privileges!).

In layman's terms I see the Admin as being the default Global group leader for the "Global Anonymous Access" and "Global Registered Access" forum groups, as well as all of the forums derived from them.

Re: Default login [message #163594 is a reply to message #163592] Wed, 10 November 2010 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cracked it.

Created a new user ( registered for site )
use pgAdmin to access users table.
Copy new users password hash and seed to admin row
use new users password as the admin password and bob's your auntie. Smile
Re: Default login [message #163790 is a reply to message #163594] Wed, 01 December 2010 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnnabelleR is currently offline  AnnabelleR
Ask the admin.
He will better guide you. Smile
OT: AnnabelleR [message #163938 is a reply to message #163585] Mon, 13 December 2010 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulsc is currently offline  ulsc   
Hi,
this is OT, but regarding the poster above:
Does anyone know what or who AnnabelleR is and what he/she aims for?

If you search Google for the combination of "FUDForum" and "AnnabelleR" you'll find >2.500 results!

In most of these forums:
- the account was created on Nov. 22, 2010
- more or less the same user data have been used
- a few postings have been made on Dec. 2, 2010
- all postings are answers in existing threads
- these posting must have been made by human or a very intelligent software, as they are somehow context sensitive
- on Dec. 4, 2010 the postings were edited (if possible) and a signature was added - both containing a link
- no login took place between Dec. 4, 2010 and now (Dec. 14, 2010)

Anyone any idea?

Thanks for you suggestions
ULSC

P.S.
As I didn't find a general discussion or administration forum I placed this here - hoping that at least those people find the posting, who are googleing for "AnnabelleR".
Re: OT: AnnabelleR [message #163939 is a reply to message #163938] Mon, 13 December 2010 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
Well, it will create linkbacks to the site, building googlescore, especially if the href in links is not ref=nofollow.

So, by building a bot that spams a thousand forums, then adds a link to your site, might increase your search results in google by tons and tons.

icon6.gif  Re: OT: AnnabelleR [message #163943 is a reply to message #163939] Tue, 14 December 2010 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto wrote on Mon, 13 December 2010 13:27
Well, it will create linkbacks to the site, building googlescore, especially if the href in links is not ref=nofollow.

So, by building a bot that spams a thousand forums, then adds a link to your site, might increase your search results in google by tons and tons.

In other words it's a low key method of driving more traffic to your site without actually participating in any meaningful or serious way on the sites you post your links on.

On the other hand it could be someone using an auto responder or some other e-mail service to spam others using this site and others as the trigger?

But then again it might just be some 80 year old lady who got a notebook for Christmas and is just dipping her toes in the internet!

Re: OT: AnnabelleR [message #163944 is a reply to message #163943] Tue, 14 December 2010 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The Witcher wrote:
But then again it might just be some 80 year old lady who got a notebook for Christmas and is just dipping her toes in the internet!

I just hope Annabelle isn't reading this Smile

PS: Recent FUDforum versions use "ref=nofollow". So, she is not going to get any spam points from us.
icon6.gif  Re: OT: AnnabelleR [message #163946 is a reply to message #163944] Tue, 14 December 2010 11:11 Go to previous message
naudefj wrote on Tue, 14 December 2010 04:40
I just hope Annabelle isn't reading this Smile

If she's a little old lady (or any other type of new internet/forum user) I hope she is reading this! Laughing

As for the "ref=nofollow", I wasn't exactly sure what it does so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nofollow

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: is nginx+fudforum stable?
Next Topic: Messages corrupted after importing from files
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 10 08:00:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03779 seconds