FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Embedding audio via html
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Embedding audio via html [message #163609] Tue, 16 November 2010 23:14 Go to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
There is an interesting service called twaudio (or something like that) that allows you to record audio messages for twitter. You can also easily embed the audio clip for use on your website.

I thought it would be really neat if fudforum messages could contain a short embedded audio clip along with any text that was typed. I think that's the future: sending messages with audio or video or pics.

However, as I understand this, the only way to do it is to attach the relevant file. This can be too cumbersome to do on the fly. The best way that it could be done is to allow for embedded code. Let's say you record a web message on twiaudio. It would be great to copy the embed code and send it to your group via email or through the discussion board. For example, it would be nice to drop this in:

<iframe allowtransparency='true' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' src='http://twaud.io/embed/qrDs' style='width: 395px; height: 65px; border: none;'></iframe>
<table cellspacing="10px" cellpadding="0" border="5" align="center" bgcolor="#8B0000">
<tr valign="top"><td align="center" width="450px">

Is there any way that this could be done? Could it be done through email that is pipped into the forum (as well)?

Sorry to ask a dream-oriented question.
Re: Embedding audio via html [message #163610 is a reply to message #163609] Wed, 17 November 2010 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You should be able to write a plugin (similar to the YouTube plugin) to create a new twaudio BBcode tag.

[twaudio]qrDs[/twaudio]
Re: Embedding audio via html [message #163612 is a reply to message #163610] Wed, 17 November 2010 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
... thanks for the idea. But could you provide a little more info so that I could begin to research it? I assume that "qrDs" in your abover message is the code insert that would be nestled between the two twaudio "bookends" (like with url links). But how does one write a plug-in? Is that php? Where does it go? Where is this YouTube plugin that I could see as an example?

I realize you can't educate fools like myself. But is there any resource or web page or anything you could refer me to? The idea of writing a plugin sounds really neat.

Thanks!
Re: Embedding audio via html [message #163613 is a reply to message #163612] Wed, 17 November 2010 20:24 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You get Youtube.plugin if you install FUDforum_2.8.1 or higher.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Show own threads?
Next Topic: Prune stale users?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 02:32:01 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02519 seconds