FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How to transfer settings to the next forum install (I am setting up two forums at the same time)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to transfer settings to the next forum install [message #163617] Sat, 20 November 2010 01:15 Go to next message
Atomicrun is currently offline  Atomicrun   Sweden
It is very nice with all these buttons and selections; whatever comes to mind, as an improvement of your forum, I find it already implemented, and I just have to approve, install, or enable it. That is super; this is complex stuff and it is difficult to get it right.

My little problem is that I need to configure two forum installs at the same time. They are on the same server, but will run on different accounts and databases. The URL is different. In short: only the forum-install questions differ; I want the rest to be the same.

I was wondering if I can possibly copy some settings file to the other forum?
icon6.gif  Re: How to transfer settings to the next forum install [message #163618 is a reply to message #163617] Sat, 20 November 2010 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
If I understand you correctly I'd say the simplest solution would be to install and configure your 1st forum create a backup data dump, install the second then use the data dump made earlier..... that should duplicate all your setting and configurations.

I use the same procedure to create a basic template for new installations.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: How to transfer settings to the next forum install [message #163620 is a reply to message #163618] Sat, 20 November 2010 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right!
It would also copy the database-install and the/all forum contents --- If I can change it, it is OK.
Re: How to transfer settings to the next forum install [message #163622 is a reply to message #163620] Sat, 20 November 2010 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Most of the settings are in include/GLOBALS.php.
You can copy this file (minus the DB settings) to your second installation.
Re: How to transfer settings to the next forum install [message #163742 is a reply to message #163622] Mon, 29 November 2010 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To install a backup from another forum didn't work really well, as the path/config and DB is different. But some careful editing of the Forum_Data/install/GLOBALS.php is OK, and contain most of the settings. Thank you for your help! I now have three forums!!
Re: How to transfer settings to the next forum install [message #163748 is a reply to message #163742] Mon, 29 November 2010 14:15 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Nice! It's always handy to have a couple of development/test forums to try new things on Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: HELP!! Our forum has disappeared
Next Topic: Question about email loggin
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 16 03:57:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03027 seconds