FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Question about email loggin (Takes me straight to Google)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Question about email loggin [message #163759] Mon, 29 November 2010 23:38 Go to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
I'm testing some of the new features of 3.02 now. They look pretty nifty. (Enjoy the addin plugin). I had a question about the email login. I'm wondering if it is working correctly.

The plugin says that you get the choice of how you want to log in. Instead, I appear to be taken straight to a Google sign-in page. It wants Google acct credentials. What if the user has a yahoo or some other account? Is there any way to use those credentials (or, e.g., facebook)?

It seems that at the very least, an intermediate page should appear that gives a choice of how to log in. Something like: (a) click here to use fudforum credentials; or (b) click to use google.

I could easily add such a page to my board if you could tell me what file has the loggin url-link.

Thanks for the help. I love the upgrade.
Re: Question about email loggin [message #163762 is a reply to message #163759] Tue, 30 November 2010 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
From your description it sounds like you've enabled the "OpenID" plugin.
"NOTE: This plugin is provided for demonstration purposes only and will probably only work against Google."
I wouldn't use it on a production site just yet.
Further development is required to make it work against other login providers.
Re: Question about email loggin [message #163766 is a reply to message #163759] Tue, 30 November 2010 04:30 Go to previous message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   
... sorry about that. You were right again! Thanks for the help.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How to transfer settings to the next forum install
Next Topic: On-Line backup method
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:20:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02461 seconds