FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Problem attaching files in FUDForum 2.8.1 (uploaded images are not being displayed nor are they downloadable)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problem attaching files in FUDForum 2.8.1 [message #163808] Thu, 02 December 2010 12:39 Go to next message
gsochor is currently offline  gsochor
Guys,

I am running into an odd problem overhere:

I have just recently inherited the administrator-ship of our internal FORUM and was confronted by one of the managers, that uploading pictures doesn't work (for a while).

index.php?t=getfile&id=6056&private=0

And as you may see in the picture, it basically looks correct, I tried downloading the file, which is stored in the web-root of our FORUM and it is not corrupted. Neither is the file link wrong in the database (so that is pointing in the correct direction and UMASK on the files is 0666 - so should be fine as well.

When trying to download the attachment, the system gives an error as well, stating that the upload image contains errors.

I would highly appreciate any input on this matter or where to dig specifically. Unfortunately it is not possible to simply upgrade the forum to 3.0.x, because of management concerns.

Cheers,
Greg
Re: Problem attaching files in FUDForum 2.8.1 [message #163809 is a reply to message #163808] Thu, 02 December 2010 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
We need to focus on FUDforum's future, not its past.
Upgrade and let's talk again.
Aw: Re: Problem attaching files in FUDForum 2.8.1 [message #163891 is a reply to message #163809] Wed, 08 December 2010 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Under normal circumstances I would totally agree with you, but in this particular case, there is mgmt-pressure involved and therefore, I am pressed to stick to 2.8.1 BEFORE solving the issue. Please tell me, where you would start to dig in 3.0.2 and then I will take it from there...

Still, I have strongly suggested to upgrade to 3.0.2

Cheers,
Greg

[Updated on: Wed, 08 December 2010 04:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Aw: Re: Problem attaching files in FUDForum 2.8.1 [message #163902 is a reply to message #163891] Fri, 10 December 2010 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Everything you need in on the wiki. Start by upgrading to FUDforum 3.0.0. After that, upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.2.

PS: The consistency checker in 3.0.2 will automatically fix outdated image locations. The upgrade will probably be all you need to do to fix the problem.
Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Problem attaching files in FUDForum 2.8.1 [message #163933 is a reply to message #163902] Mon, 13 December 2010 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool,

thanks a lot. I am already re-installing 2.8.1 in a VM to give the upgrade a dry-run (as I have only a very slight idea, what was changed by my predecessorrs) and then I will do a migration and upgrade in one.

Cheers,
Greg
Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Problem attaching files in FUDForum 2.8.1 [message #163935 is a reply to message #163933] Mon, 13 December 2010 05:29 Go to previous message
Ok, just completed the upgrade to 3.0.0 - which resulted in a non-working forum, then said, wtf, upgraded to 3.0.2 (still on the same forum) and everything works... incl. all the old plugins.

Thx a lot!

Now all I have to do, is to convince the manager that getting the forum back up once can happen again... Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: HTML and Javascript -- Dangers
Next Topic: Major XML-aggregation Confusion
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:57:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02365 seconds